temperature measured by evotouch is bit higher than usual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olektrolek
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2018

temperature measured by evotouch is bit higher than usual?

Hi,
    I observed the last two days the temperature measured by evotouch is around 25 degrees, which I am sure it is not real room temperature.
    We have unusual weather here in Dublin with temps around 18-20 degs now, but I do not believe it might be the cause.

the unit is wall mounted and when i look closer I can feel bit of warm coming from the unit.

it is not hot, just bit warmer than the room.
    unit is a month old.

I checked batteries, seem fine.

do you know what might this might be?

the graph attached - green draw is temp reported from evotouch. do not mind the spike uesterday afternoon - it we me messing with sensor.

Untitled.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by olektrolek; 10 October 2018, 12:19 PM.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Didn't we just cover this in another thread ?

The two spikes are obviously when the unit is being held, other than that I don't see an obvious problem ? If the weather is warm it's quite possible the room has gone over temperature from heat from other rooms, cooking etc.

Is it a hallway or somewhere else ? My Evotouch is on the wall in the hallway and is used as the zone sensor, here is what I see last night and today: (also unusually warm weather)

evohome_Hall.jpg

The hallway often goes over temperature due to heat from other rooms such as the nearby kitchen as the door to the kitchen is usually open. I have no reason to disbelieve the results it gives.

Internal heat from the unit only raises the temperature reading by 1deg C in my experience, and I have corrected for that using the internal calibration adjustment in system settings until it agrees with an independent thermostat. (-1.0C)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 10 October 2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X