Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Attaching an HR92UK to towel rail

  1. #1
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8

    Default Attaching an HR92UK to towel rail

    Hi All,

    I have got an Evohome running with 5 zones(basically each room) and would like to add one to the toilet.

    I have a chrome towel rail in the bath room and I know I need to use an adapter. Briefly looked at the Honeywell options but they are expensive and was wondering if there is an alternative ?

    Also trying to work out if a towel rads have a standard diameter or do they vary ? I have a handy man coming to fix a few things this weekend and just wanted to buy the parts

    Dont know if we are allowed to post links...Here is a pic of the radiator.
    https://unsee.cc/d682d2f0/

  2. #2
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    NE UK
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    Did not need an adapter on mine. Mine are Zehnder towel rails.

  3. #3
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Make sure your system has an automatic bypass valve already installed before fitting an HR92 to the towel rails - some systems use the towel rails or bathroom radiator as an always on "bypass radiator".

    In most cases (all systems with constant speed pumps) if you fit TRV's to every radiator in the house including towel rails you need an automatic bypass valve in the system to maintain a minimum flow through the boiler.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 18th October 2018 at 08:07 PM.

  4. #4
    Automated Home Ninja
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    (all systems with constant speed pumps)
    To clarify here, ALL systems need a bypass. I think you're saying if you have a constant speed pump (as opposed to some kind of proportional control) then you can use an ABV instead of a radiator or other permanently open bypass? But you can't use an ABV with a proportional pump.

  5. #5
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    To clarify here, ALL systems need a bypass. I think you're saying if you have a constant speed pump (as opposed to some kind of proportional control) then you can use an ABV instead of a radiator or other permanently open bypass? But you can't use an ABV with a proportional pump.


    My boiler has an automatic by pass valve. That was the first thing checked before it was installed.

    https://www.heatraesadia.com/-/media...ion-manual.pdf

  6. #6
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Did not need an adapter on mine. Mine are Zehnder towel rails.
    Could you please share a pic of your if and when you can ?

  7. #7
    Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BladeC View Post
    My boiler has an automatic by pass valve. That was the first thing checked before it was installed.[/url]
    Not a very long loop though, is it? With minimal cooling. So fine to stop the pump getting knackered if all the TRVs are closed, but not very effective for boiler over-run.

    if you find your pump running for ages after the heating switches off at night you might want to think about using an external ABV too.

  8. #8
    Automated Home Lurker
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Not a very long loop though, is it? With minimal cooling. So fine to stop the pump getting knackered if all the TRVs are closed, but not very effective for boiler over-run.

    if you find your pump running for ages after the heating switches off at night you might want to think about using an external ABV too.

    Thanks for the info. I have to go back to the drawing board and rethink this.

    Is there a way to get to turn on the heating with Evohome without a TRV(HR92). I was looking at one of the Zone Thermostat T87RF2033 but not sure how I can apply/add it to my set up.

    Do I add this to my the existing BDR91 or does it need its own BDR91 to be added.....
    My system is set up to use a 2 port valve relay config even though I don't have zone valves in my setup.

    Another idea is to piggyback of a zone setup on Evohome ? wondering if this is possible..i.e.to add the T87RF2033 to the zone say for e.g. hallway zone and the t87 can call for heat within when required.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •