• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FullBore
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2016

HR92UK - Battery replacement & voltages

I have kept a note of when batteries have been changed on each of the EvoHome devices since they were installed in September 2015.

It is quite clear to see that the HR92s which operate frequently use their batteries much quicker than those, for instance in a spare room where the heating may only be on for less than 30 days a year.

I also check the voltages, but until now have not always recorded them. All the replacements have been Duracell Industrial batteries. The voltage on installation, without load, is generally c. 1.6v, warning messages seem to start appearing when the voltage drops below c. 1.2 v, but can be ignored, as the HR92s seem to reset until voltage drops to about c. 1.1.

Shortest times between failures is about 15 months from September one year to December of the next year, longest over 2 years from September one year to October 2 years later.

I can now predict battery life reasonably well, and henceforth will change the batteries of "busy" devices every 12 months, and, in the interest of economy move them to the little used devices where hopefully I'll get another years use from them.

It would be interesting to hear of others experiences.

FB
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

I just change mine when it tells me! I use Energiser Lithiums (and set 9=1, as it reminds me on the side of the box of 50 that I bought).

Comment

• dty
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Aug 2016

Actually, that misses a bit of detail. I have several zones with multiple HR92s in, including my "downstairs" zone which is a multi-room zone with 7 HR92s. When the controller says "Change downstairs battery", it's not especially helpful. So I actually listen to the battery status messages via an HGI100-alike radio receiver and use NodeRed to process the messages and email with the specific details of which specific HR92 needs new batteries.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Mine (I have 12 HR92s) last about 12 months. There is little difference between whether a zone is in frequent use or not. For example one bedroom is rarely used but the batteries last about the same as my lounge which is regularly in use. As I have reported elsewhere I have one HR92 which is like a diary reminder. The batteries need replacing every three months and it is three months to just about the day every time. I have moved it to a different zone and it exhibits the same error. Last time I checked the remaining voltage in the batteries is about the same as other zones when I replace them after 12 months. My boiler may need replacing soon and I will then be replacing my radiators (they are 21 years old) and removing one in my conservatory which is inefficient - the latter will give me a spare HR92 to swap with the faulty one.

Comment

Working...
        X