• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jabes
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2017

Odd change in setpoint shown in domoticz

My largest zone which has 5 rads and a DT92 is showing an odd behaviour in domoticz. It appears to go to a 5 degree setpoint for half an hour. I'm at work when this happens so can't see if this is "real" but it shows up on both the web api version and the HGI80 sensor.

Any clues?
    Attached Files
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Do you have anything else (e.g. IFTTT) that could be turning the heating system OFF at that time because of some criteria?

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Default window detection timeout is 30 minutes, so I'd say one of the HR92's has detected a sudden drop in temperature that has set off the window open mode - which sets the set point to 5C for a while (30 minutes by default) or until the room temperature starts rising again. Is there anyone else in the house at the time or any open windows in the room ?

Despite using a DTS92 as the temperature sensor in the zone, window detection mode is still performed by the built in temperature sensor of each HR92 - so it could be any one of the HR92's in the zone causing it. Without being there at the time it occurs it may be difficult to tell which one triggered it.

I don't have a zone with multiple HR92's but I think the HR92 that triggers it will be the only one that says "Window" on the screen, the others will just report a 5C set point override. But you'd need to be there to see which one it was. The API (and therefore smartphone apps) are not capable of reporting window mode is active - they will just show it as an unexplained change of set point to 5C.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 25 October 2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• Jabes
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        Default window detection timeout is 30 minutes, so I'd say one of the HR92's has detected a sudden drop in temperature that has set off the window open mode - which sets the set point to 5C for a while (30 minutes by default) or until the room temperature starts rising again. Is there anyone else in the house at the time or any open windows in the room ?
        Could be a door. Domoticz can give readings per HR92, wonder if that would help track it down.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Jabes View Post
          Could be a door. Domoticz can give readings per HR92, wonder if that would help track it down.
          Yes, a door can do it as well. Anything that would cause a sudden drop.

Our hallway radiator used to trigger Window mode when the door across from it into a cold unused room was opened for more than a couple of minutes for example.

The default temperature drop for window detection is 0.6 degrees - nothing in the documentation I can find specifies over what time period the 0.6 degree drop has to occur over, but I'm assuming it's over the standard ~4 minute HR92 sampling period. You can increase this value to make window detection less sensitive or disable window detection entirely.

There is a specific message sent from HR92 to Controller that triggers window mode, but I don't think current Domoticz code is able to recognize that message. So you'd just have to check your graphs for a sudden drop in temperature of at least 0.6 degrees around the time the set point changed. A bit hard to see on Domoticz's not very detailed graphs.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            Yes, a door can do it as well. Anything that would cause a sudden drop.
            In our kitchen the main rad is next to the fridge. You can guess the rest.

Window detection was quickly disabled!

P.

Comment

• RO09
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jan 2015

I have three valves that get the sun for short periods at different times of the day. Obviously they then report nearly 30 degrees then the sun moves off them, reported temp drops and triggers open window mode! Needless to say that got disabled on those valves.

Comment

• Jabes
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Aug 2017

Originally posted by RO09 View Post
                I have three valves that get the sun for short periods at different times of the day. Obviously they then report nearly 30 degrees then the sun moves off them, reported temp drops and triggers open window mode! Needless to say that got disabled on those valves.
                I will keep an eye on it and try and correlate to any unusual readings on the individual HR92s... it happened two days in a row and not since!

Comment

Working...
                X