• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

Honeywell confirm application issues with IOS 11.4 upwards

I have had my Total Connect application crash on loading every time I start it, despite deleting and reinstalling - Honeywell UK support now confirm that there are issues with IOS 11.4 upwards that they are trying to fix, but do not have an expected fix date yet.

Again Honeywell, where are the proactive comms so critical to today's customer service that would have saved me hours of trying to fix this please?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Interesting. I'm on iOS 12.0.1 and no problems with the app and it was working for me on 11.4 and 11.4.1 without issue as well.

The only problems I've had have been the server side issues a while ago that affected everyone, but no crashes of the app.

iPhone 6.

Comment

• SteveP
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2012

Glad it’s not just me! Honeywell connect Weds night iOS app crashed repeatedly and I had to uninstall and reinstall. Am on 12.01 but also happened randomly on vs 11. Glad it is not just my phone 😀

Comment

• Hankscorpion
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Aug 2017

Constant crashing for me too on 12.0 (iPhone 8). Deleting and reinstalling does not fix it.

I have seen on another forum that Honeywell are aware of the ios 12 issues and are working on fix (by the end of October apparently).

Comment

• rvb99
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2017

Using iPhone 7, with ios12. For just reading parameters generally ok. Occasional crash when adjusting parameters but no worse than with ios11.x

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

I run the app on both my iPad and iPhone. Both are on the same IOS version. With my iPhone sometimes when I open the app it immediately closes but not using the iPad. This has only occurred since Honeywell did some updating. The cure seems to be to delete the app on the iPhone and then reinstall. It all then works. And one waits for the next time!

Comment

• olektrolek
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2018

same here.
              it actually makes mobile app useless.
              this is not fair - mobile access is included in the price you pay. now youre abandoned by Honeywell with pants down.

Comment

• Kevin
                • Jan 2004

Remove/Reinstall did work for me on iOS 12.01. app is v4.6.1

Comment

• basiluk
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Oct 2008

Reinstall used to work for me, but this problem resists even that.

Comment

• Tractorboy
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2015

My app works with iOS 12.0.1. Since some users, like myself, seem to be working OK, perhaps the crash you describe is a combination of iOS version and EvoHome controller version and Total Connect App version. So, for the record, I'm using iOS12.0.1. on an iPhone7, Total Connect App version 4.6.1. 2nd generation Evohome controller (colour screen, uses separate Gateway unit to connect to internet.)
                    Also OK on my iPad Air 2 which is also running iOS12.0.1

I'm planning to replace the Evohome controller and Gateway with the latest Evohome controller in the next couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see if my Total Connect app still works!

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

My app still continues to crash both on my iPhone and iPad. It is not consistent though. It may be Ok for a few days and then when I open the app and attempt a change it crashes and exits itself. The cure is then to delete the app and reinstall it. All is good then until the next time whenever that may be. Could be the same day could be several days hence.

I am running IOS 12.

What I have not checked and must, next it happens, is whether I can still access my data by logging on to the web page. I imagine I probably can.

Comment

• Hankscorpion
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Aug 2017

Still having issues here too. Check out the reviews on the iOS App Store and you will see this issue is widespread with lots of unhappy customers.

I can’t believe that Honeywell are not communicating with their customers on this issue.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

[QUOTE=Hankscorpion;38712

I can’t believe that Honeywell are not communicating with their customers on this issue.[/QUOTE]

Mostly it seems for Honeywell customers are a forgotten species. It takes so little to keep customers up to date with an email or text but they rarely do. The concepts of confidentiality and secrecy are taken too far.

Comment

Working...
                          X