• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quinla01
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2019

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    Next time turn off WiFi on your phone and recheck with the app using mobile data.
    I'm not sure what this would achieve. The thermostat relies on wifi to communicate with the EvoHome network. If i turn off WiFi then it 100% won't work.

Comment

• quinla01
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2019

A few days ago I decided to start from scratch one last time. Not only did i factory reset all the hardware (which I have done 10 times before) I deleted all instances of the app and logged into EvoHome website and removed the location. This last step i have not done before. After creating a new location and setting up the system exactly the same way as I've done in the past, to date fingers crossed It's been working as expected.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Mickjohn View Post
        8 pairs of notifications since 4 am today telling me lost connection / restored connection
        Sadly it does all point to a fault your end. When I first installed Evohome I could not resist playing with it and I caused issues. After I did a fresh clean install and left it alone, 5 years ago, it has worked. The only aspect that never did was optimisation. After a few months I switched it off for it did nothing other than use more fuel.

Comment

• Ghostrider
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2018

8 pairs of notifications since 4 am today telling me lost connection / restored connection
          Same here along with a load of failed zone changes yet the changes are actually working ok.

Comment

• Somebody
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Feb 2019

Originally posted by Ghostrider View Post
            Same here along with a load of failed zone changes yet the changes are actually working ok.
            Same. Lost and restored emails since 04:01 this morning. Last restore was 14:10.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by quinla01 View Post
              I'm not sure what this would achieve. The thermostat relies on wifi to communicate with the EvoHome network. If i turn off WiFi then it 100% won't work.
              What it would achieve is that Evohome and your phone would be talking to the Residio servers via different networks. So if you Evohome hasn't got a connection but your phone (via mobile data) is OK then you know the problem is local to you or your ISP.

Comment

• Tigermad
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Nov 2018

There’s a few peeps on twitter with problems again. Like a fool trying to see if it was my WiFi connection I left the controller plugged out by accident last night and the heating wasn’t on this morning.

I’m getting failed change to zone emails too but they are changing fine.

Comment

• Tigermad
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Nov 2018

Nothing wrong with your system. It’s Honeywell’s side

Comment

• Tigermad
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2018

Honeywell App now down for maintenance.

Comment

• FullBore
                      Automated Home Guru
                      • Jan 2016

Honeywell App Server is yet again down for maintenance.

Why can't they have duplicate servers? A single point of failure is totally unacceptable.

I am away from home trying to make changes for the benefit of my house sitters, but cannot do so!

Four Failed Zone Change emails so far this morning!

FB

Comment

• Tigermad
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2018

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
                        Honeywell App Server is yet again down for maintenance.

Why can't they have duplicate servers? A single point of failure is totally unacceptable.

I am away from home trying to make changes for the benefit of my house sitters, but cannot do so!

FB
                        Why does it always happen in autumn/winter too. Why not do the maintenance in summer. It’s never a quick fix either. Always up and down for a few days at least.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                          Why does it always happen in autumn/winter too. Why not do the maintenance in summer. It’s never a quick fix either. Always up and down for a few days at least.
                          The chances are it is not maintenance but system failure.

Comment

• Tigermad
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Nov 2018

Well here we are again. Honeywell servers down all over the world. App not working. It’s all over the internet about it.

Comment

• peterf
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Jan 2015

The total-connect.eu site is up. Not that that's much use for heating system users ......

Comment

• FullBore
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • Jan 2016

I received an email 3 hours ago saying

We would like to notify you that the Total Connect Comfort service restored communication with the heating system installed in the following location:
                                Sadly this was & is untrue.

FB

Comment

Working...
                                X