X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keylevel
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2019

Anyone else noticing random changes to zone settings?

The one for my office has just set itself to the wrong setting for this time of day (13, should be at 21). The app does not indicate that a manual override is active (I've not set one) and the schedule shows it should be set to 21.

Looking at the controller itself, it has the correct set point (21) - but the app is still showing that it is 13!

(App is back in action, BTW).

In some ways this is worse - the app looks like it's working, but it's not!

Comment

• Mickjohn
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Mar 2015

App working now

Comment

• gordonb3
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by keylevel View Post
        Anyone else noticing random changes to zone settings?

The one for my office has just set itself to the wrong setting for this time of day (13, should be at 21). The app does not indicate that a manual override is active (I've not set one) and the schedule shows it should be set to 21.

Looking at the controller itself, it has the correct set point (21) - but the app is still showing that it is 13!

(App is back in action, BTW).

In some ways this is worse - the app looks like it's working, but it's not!
        Chances are that the app will show the last known values and states as reported by your system even if it hasn't seen any communication from it for quite some time.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by kevinsmart View Post
          I think rebooting your controller by pushing the batteries apart should remove the phantom zone.
          That doesn’t work. My fictions unnamed room in the app, not on the Control Panel, remains and I can’t remove it.

Comment

• benwillcox
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Apr 2020

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            That doesn’t work. My fictions unnamed room in the app, not on the Control Panel, remains and I can’t remove it.
            I had a couple of 'ghost' zones appear when my controller was on old firmware and I tried to add new zones and aborted partway through the process (when I discovered the electric heat zone type wasn't available in that version). I contacted Residio support and they removed these zones for me, there didn't seem to be any other way to remove them.

Comment

• kevinsmart
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Sep 2018

What’s worked for me in the past is to go to the mytotalconnect web interface, delete your location and add it again. I think that resyncs.

Comment

• rs1987
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Nov 2019

I've had no app access for a few days now. My android app was telling me that the service was offline and now it is telling me that it "Failed to get account information".

On a desktop PC, the web portal loads, but very slowly with messages saying "Oops, this page appears to be taking longer to load than expected. Please refresh the page".

When it loads, I can click on my location and it will load the zones, but half the time it gives me a dialog box saying "Error. Oops there was a problem loading this page. Please refresh the page or try again later".

Is anyone else getting this, or is this something related to my account?

Comment

• Plangin
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Oct 2015

Aaaaand it‘s broken again.

Comment

• Scubajoe
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2018

Yes, and going by the messages on Twitter, a lot of people are unhappy!

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Scubajoe View Post
                      Yes, and going by the messages on Twitter, a lot of people are unhappy!
                      I don’t have a Twitter account but the system is not working this morning either. Has not been since 05:45 when I first checked. If it is planned maintenance we should be told in advance. If it is a breakdown we should be told. When other suppliers of systems or facilities have issues they tell you and/or at least apologise afterward for the disruption.

Comment

• Scubajoe
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Nov 2018

I don’t have a Twitter account but the system is not working this morning either. Has not been since 05:45 when I first checked. If it is planned maintenance we should be told in advance. If it is a breakdown we should be told. When other suppliers of systems or facilities have issues they tell you and/or at least apologise afterward for the disruption.
                        Yes, down again for me this morning.

Comment

• Scubajoe
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Nov 2018

I don’t have a Twitter account
                          I don't think you need a Twitter account to view messages on a laptop, just search for @honeywell_home lots of users in USA very unhappy.

Comment

• FullBore
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Jan 2016

24 failures in 1 month !!

It really is getting to be a joke - 24 failures notified to me by email in the last month - see the attached screen print

Snap 2021-02-22 at 12.05.18.jpg

Can someone from Honeywell / Resideo reading this give some reassurance regarding future reliability, and explain why there is at least one single point of failure in their systems.

FB

Comment

• Plangin
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Oct 2015

Found an exclusive photo of their server infrastructure:

Comment

• Scubajoe
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Nov 2018

Originally posted by Plangin View Post
                                Found an exclusive photo of their server infrastructure:

https://miro.medium.com/max/4800/1*z...NUhAoK3Ig.jpeg
                                Just snorted my tea all over the laptop :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X