• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tigermad
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2018

Evohome app broken

App was down for maintenance this morning. Now it’s broken and won’t login properly. When it eventually does you can’t access your schedules on it.
  • Stevedh
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2017

Same here, I still can't login. I enter my details but it just stays on the login page.
    The web-login still work, although that is somewhat limited, be nice if they could improve control via a pc.

Comment

• Hoppy
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2017

I was logged in, but neither IFTTT or commands via the app have been communicating with the controller (well, they weren't at about 4pm)

Comment

• MrBoy
        Automated Home Guru
        • May 2017

I didn't know of any updates but it's not applying changes from my phone (Android) or my wife's iPhone.

And worse, no error messages.

What gives?

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Seeing problems here too - iphone app not showing the true up to date status of the system. I'm seeing lots of chunks missing out of my temperature graphs on and off all today so definitely some API problems. Again.

Comment

• Stevedh
            Automated Home Guru
            • Mar 2017

I'm getting lots of "TooManyRequests" on my graphs (they update once every 5 mins).
            Temperatures set on the phone/web interface are being ignored by the touch controller, although my graphs show this set temperature correctly, and seem to read the actual temperature correctly.
            Basically this update whatever it was seems to have messed up communication between the touch controller and the internet.

Comment

• Stevedh
              Automated Home Guru
              • Mar 2017

And to rub salt into the wound the status shown on the web login page is 'Service fully operational'

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                I'm getting lots of "TooManyRequests" on my graphs (they update once every 5 mins).
                Temperatures set on the phone/web interface are being ignored by the touch controller, although my graphs show this set temperature correctly, and seem to read the actual temperature correctly.
                Basically this update whatever it was seems to have messed up communication between the touch controller and the internet.
                What update ? There hasn't been an evohome firmware update for a long time.

It won't be communications between the Evotouch and Honeywell that will be the issue, it's always the "public" API's that the phone apps and 3rd party integrations work with that seem to have issues.

Comment

• Stevedh
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Mar 2017

I think it was more of a server update their end as when I tried to logon yesterday it told me they were offline as they were updating something and to try later... since then any attempt at controlling evohome via their website, or apps has been problematic.

Comment

• Karrimor
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2016

On Honeywell's twitter feed, there are quite a few complaints about the app not working.
                    See: https://twitter.com/Honeywell_Home/with_replies

"App and website do not agree with the physical unit. "

Comment

• Karrimor
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Oct 2016

The only way I have found to "fix" this issue, is to remove the device from the system. This shouldn't be necessary, but it seems to fix the problem for now:

1. Login on the Total Connect Comfort account from a PC or laptop.
                      2. Tap on "Location name" under "My Locations"
                      3. Tap on the "View Settings" box under "Comfort System"
                      4. MAKE A NOTE OF THE MAC AND CRC CODES
                      5. Tap on "Remove Comfort System" and confirm the action.
                      6. Tap on "Add System" under "Comfort System" to add THE MAC ID and CRC (from step 4) and click "Submit"

I had to perform the above steps during the last outage . This is an overkill, but it may work if you are desperate to get the device, app and web working again.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Sep 2014

Checked my graphs today and see that there are huge intermittent breaks in the graph, tried querying the API manually with a test python script I use, which was just returning errors for both V1 and V2 API's.

Tried logging in to the total connect website only to be told "You have attempted to login with incorrect credentials too many times. Please try again later."

Umm, no I haven't Honeywell, that's the first time I've tried to log into the web interface for a long, long time...

Domoticz and evohome-munin do use the same login and password to connect, but I know they are correct because they are hard coded into the config scripts, so will not somehow "forget" what the correct password is.

As I had been meaning to change my Honeywell password for a while (to a password manager generated random character one) I thought I might as well do this now, so used the forgot my password link to reset my password which it claims I was successful in doing.

Try to log into the web interface again with the new just set password, "You have attempted to login with incorrect credentials too many times. Please try again later.". And naturally now my iPhone client cant connect either, as it is also reporting too many wrong attempts, despite there never being ANY wrong attempts, at least not from me.

So, anyone else still having problems ? Anyone else falsely being told they've had too many wrong password attempts ? Anyone know how long the lockout will be ? Very annoying...

For a year or so the API has been pretty reliable but the reliability has been absolutely shocking in the last couple of months with multiple ongoing intermittent problems. Please sort it out Honeywell!

Edit: Here is debug output from the python script: (password censored)

Code:
                        pi@pi1monitor:~ $ ./evohome_V2
                        INFO:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:Starting new HTTPS connection (1): tccna.honeywell.com
                        send: 'POST /Auth/OAuth/Token HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: tccna.honeywell.com\r\nContent-Length: 304\r\nAccept-Encoding: gzip, deflate\r\nAccept: application/json, application/xml, text/json, text/x-json, text/javascript, text/xml\r\nUser-Agent: python-requests/2.9.1\r\nConnection: keep-alive\r\nContent-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\nAuthorization: Basic YjAxM2FhMjYtOTcyNC00ZGJkLTg4OTctMDQ4YjlhYWRhMjQ5OnRlc3Q=\r\n\r\nUsername=xxxxxxx%40xxxx.com&Host=rs.alarmnet.com%2F&Password=xxxxxxx&Pragma=no-cache&Cache-Control=no-store+no-cache&scope=EMEA-V1-Basic+EMEA-V1-Anonymous+EMEA-V1-Get-Current-User-Account&grant_type=password&Content-Type=application%2Fx-www-form-urlencoded%3B+charset%3Dutf-8&Connection=Keep-Alive'
                        reply: 'HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests\r\n'
                        header: Cache-Control: no-cache
                        header: Pragma: no-cache
                        header: Content-Type: application/json;charset=UTF-8
                        header: Expires: -1
                        header: Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5
                        header: Set-Cookie: thlang=en-US; expires=Wed, 07-Nov-2068 13:10:56 GMT; path=/
                        header: Server: Web1
                        header: Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2018 13:10:55 GMT
                        header: Content-Length: 34
                        header: Set-Cookie: NSC_UDDOB-TTM-WT=ffffffff090ecc1a45525d5f4f58455e445a4a42378b;expires=Wed, 07-Nov-2018 13:12:56 GMT;path=/;secure;httponly
                        DEBUG:requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool:"POST /Auth/OAuth/Token HTTP/1.1" 429 34
                        Traceback (most recent call last):
                          File "./evohome_V2", line 6, in <module>
                            client = EvohomeClient('xxxxxxx@xxx.com', 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', debug=True)
                          File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 18, in __init__
                            self._login()
                          File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/evohomeclient2/__init__.py", line 69, in _login
                            self.access_token = self._convert(r.text)['access_token']
                        KeyError: 'access_token'
                        Looks like the real issue is an HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests response from the server, not a password issue. Too many requests from my IP or just too many requests to that server in general ?

If it was only for my IP, why would I see the same issue with the web interface, when I am accessing that using a browser from a different broadband connection (work) completely unrelated to my home IP where my system is graphing from...

PS the reset password page seems to display errors in Spanish ? "Lo sentimos, se ha producido un error inesperado. Por favor, inténtelo más tarde."
                        Last edited by DBMandrake; 7 November 2018, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Stevedh
                          Automated Home Guru
                          • Mar 2017

This may or may not be of help.
                          My issues to do with controlling via app or web interface seem to have resolved themselves.
                          My issue with too many connections while graphing seems to have been related to me creating a new session every 5 minutes when I did a read. I modified my code so that it reused the session id and the gaps I was getting have vanished...
                          However, it had been reading fine before so maybe Honeywell have tightened up on things.

Comment

• Stevedh
                            Automated Home Guru
                            • Mar 2017

ok I take some of that back... seems app and web interface still aren't working, at least not reliably, time to give Karrimor's suggestion a go

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Stevedh View Post
                              My issue with too many connections while graphing seems to have been related to me creating a new session every 5 minutes when I did a read. I modified my code so that it reused the session id and the gaps I was getting have vanished...
                              However, it had been reading fine before so maybe Honeywell have tightened up on things.
                              Strangely, the issue seems to have resolved itself, for the moment.

When you say "reusing the session id" what do you mean ?

I use these python bindings, I'm not sure there is any way to do this as it authenticates from the beginning every time, and the python script calling the routines is run as a munin plugin so is freshly launched every time a query is sent:

Python client to access the Evohome web service. Contribute to watchforstock/evohome-client development by creating an account on GitHub.

I suspect what you're doing only works around underlying intermittent server issues by bypassing the first https request where the username and password are sent - that seems to be the query that is the one to fail whenever there are problems.
                              Last edited by DBMandrake; 7 November 2018, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X