Page 1 of 47 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Evohome app broken

App was down for maintenance this morning. Now it’s broken and won’t login properly. When it eventually does you can’t access your schedules on it.

Automated Home Guru

Same here, I still can't login. I enter my details but it just stays on the login page.
    The web-login still work, although that is somewhat limited, be nice if they could improve control via a pc.

Automated Home Lurker

I was logged in, but neither IFTTT or commands via the app have been communicating with the controller (well, they weren't at about 4pm)

Automated Home Guru

I didn't know of any updates but it's not applying changes from my phone (Android) or my wife's iPhone.

And worse, no error messages.

What gives?

Automated Home Legend

Seeing problems here too - iphone app not showing the true up to date status of the system. I'm seeing lots of chunks missing out of my temperature graphs on and off all today so definitely some API problems. Again.

Automated Home Guru

I'm getting lots of "TooManyRequests" on my graphs (they update once every 5 mins).
    Temperatures set on the phone/web interface are being ignored by the touch controller, although my graphs show this set temperature correctly, and seem to read the actual temperature correctly.
    Basically this update whatever it was seems to have messed up communication between the touch controller and the internet.

Automated Home Guru

And to rub salt into the wound the status shown on the web login page is 'Service fully operational'

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedh View Post
    I'm getting lots of "TooManyRequests" on my graphs (they update once every 5 mins).
    Temperatures set on the phone/web interface are being ignored by the touch controller, although my graphs show this set temperature correctly, and seem to read the actual temperature correctly.
    Basically this update whatever it was seems to have messed up communication between the touch controller and the internet.
    What update ? There hasn't been an evohome firmware update for a long time.

It won't be communications between the Evotouch and Honeywell that will be the issue, it's always the "public" API's that the phone apps and 3rd party integrations work with that seem to have issues.

Automated Home Guru

I think it was more of a server update their end as when I tried to logon yesterday it told me they were offline as they were updating something and to try later... since then any attempt at controlling evohome via their website, or apps has been problematic.

Automated Home Jr Member

On Honeywell's twitter feed, there are quite a few complaints about the app not working.
    See: https://twitter.com/Honeywell_Home/with_replies

"App and website do not agree with the physical unit. "