• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuxtonJim
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2018

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
    I don't have any answers to the concerns expressed here. I've just logged onto Honeywell Home app, uplifted a zone to 22 degrees and it changed on the controller within 30 seconds. I don't use the app all that much and it was accessing Honewell's service via Wi-Fi but all seems OK with me. I usually try this when I hear of problems and it's always worked with me.

I just logged into https://international.mytotalconnect...Account/Login? and it was fine with me.

Perhaps I should think myself lucky but over the 5 odd years I've been using Evohome the only problems I've had (and they are annoying) is the controller batteries not charging and locked clocks.

Sorry this doesn't help!

I should add that I'm using Android on the mobile and Firefox on the PC.

Chris
    Actually Chris your post does help. Having followed this forum for a year before committing to Evohome I was a little unimpressed by my first experience. FWIW my Android based phone application has been updating the Evotouch reliably within 15-20 seconds for the last few days. Internally the system has been working in my fairly challenging environment very well so your long term observation really heartens me.

I appreciate the wealth of experience and help within this forum enormously. Thank you to all.

Comment

• IvanOpinion
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Karrimor View Post
      The only way I have found to "fix" this issue, is to remove the device from the system. This shouldn't be necessary, but it seems to fix the problem for now:

1. Login on the Total Connect Comfort account from a PC or laptop.
      2. Tap on "Location name" under "My Locations"
      3. Tap on the "View Settings" box under "Comfort System"
      4. MAKE A NOTE OF THE MAC AND CRC CODES
      5. Tap on "Remove Comfort System" and confirm the action.
      6. Tap on "Add System" under "Comfort System" to add THE MAC ID and CRC (from step 4) and click "Submit"

I had to perform the above steps during the last outage . This is an overkill, but it may work if you are desperate to get the device, app and web working again.
      Thanks for this tip. The app had been failing to show any of my zones for the last few days (endless 'loading' icon), but your suggestion worked.

Comment

• IvanOpinion
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Dec 2015

On the international website, I can't log out, so I assume I'll have problems logging in if I need to do so later today.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
          I get the thing where it clears the username if I try to log in using the europe. URL, but it works fine if I use the international. URL.
          Thanks Paul. It does seem to be fine using the international route.

This post started with reference to the app being disfunctional. I have had family from Australia (6 of them) with us since Thursday of last week. They feel the cold! This has meant that the app has had a caning with frequent changes to temperatures settings, ensuring there is ample hot water, adjusting over night temperatures etc. I am suure I have never in the last 4 years had to use the app as much. Nor the control panel. Absolutely no issues. Whether used on an iPhone or iPad or the Panel. My guests have been impressed at the control I have over the system. It works! Well it has done for the past 4 years.

I can say the same for Evohome Security system as well. Just a pain that you have to log in twice to access it on the usual URL.

Comment

• peterf
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2015

I've a minor problem with the security part of the app. I don't know if it's following an Android update to 8.1.0 on a Lenovo tablet or an app update, but the result is that, going into the security section of the app, the keyboard isn't popping up to allow me to enter the pin. The workround is to click the "forgot pin" and then hit the back button which then enables me to enter the pin. It's OK on Ios.

Anyone else or is it just a Lenovo quirk from their Android implementation?

Comment

• Tigermad
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Nov 2018

Surprise surprise. App is down again. Won’t even login now.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Dec 2015

Not fit for purpose.

What other systems should I be looking at to replace Evohome with?

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                  Not fit for purpose.

What other systems should I be looking at to replace Evohome with?
                  No problems at all. All is good.

Comment

• Tigermad
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2018

I have spent over £1000 on this system last year. Can I get my money back?

Comment

• Tigermad
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                      No problems at all. All is good.
                      You can login on the app? Do you have an iPhone?

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

I spoke too soon. App disfunctional.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                          You can login on the app? Do you have an iPhone?
                          Yes to the last question. I have not had any problems during the day. Only now. Overall though I have had 4 years of use and I am happy with the system. It has worked well and been put through its paces. Outages have been few. I have had more with other apps.

Comment

• gordonb3
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                            Surprise surprise. App is down again. Won’t even login now.
                            Quick catch...

I did an override on two zones around 7:30 PM and the log shows that this override was in fact executed. The temperature in the two rooms were clearly rising, but from 7:50 PM it is showing me the same temperature which is less than the controller is currently showing me.

Comment

• Tigermad
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Nov 2018

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
                              Quick catch...

I did an override on two zones around 7:30 PM and the log shows that this override was in fact executed. The temperature in the two rooms were clearly rising, but from 7:50 PM it is showing me the same temperature which is less than the controller is currently showing me.
                              You can get on the app?

Comment

• gordonb3
                                Automated Home Ninja
                                • Dec 2016

Ow!!!

I actually just checked the temperature log. Investigating the application log it turns out the portal started refusing login (renewal) at 4:59 PM. By sheer luck I just happened to have a connection from 6:46 PM until 7:48 PM, which is when I issued my override. From 7:48 on all connection attempts are timing out.

Comment

Working...
                                X