Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Guru

I only received an untrue email saying the server was up - it wasn't

It's now come back up and all my rooms are set to the wrong target temperature as viewed from the app.- 14 degrees!

Happily the controller is still showing the correct target temperature.

What is going on - this is getting beyond a farce.

FB

Automated Home Legend

No email or message but the app has come alive again. No odd temperatures but I have a fictitious room I can’t remove.

This occurred after unpairing an HR92 and deleting a room where a radiator is no longer needed. Also unpairing the domestic hot water connection as a new boiler installed yesterday is a combi. Nothing to do with the maintenance Honeywell have been doing but an odd thing. When I first looked yesterday this fictitious room was set to 60C. I had nothing set at that. The only thing that could be was DHW but that had been set to 55C. I can’t remove this fictional room. It does not appear on the control panel, only in the app. Exiting and logging in again does not remove it. I know somebody else in the forum had this problem and not sure how he resolved it - can’t find the original post!

Automated Home Guru

I think rebooting your controller by pushing the batteries apart should remove the phantom zone.

Automated Home Guru

I rebooted my Android 'phone which didn't solve the problem.

I then signed on from a Windows 10 PC which showed the correct target temperatures; signing on to the app. immediately afterwards showed the 14 degrees settings, but there was an instant update to the correct settings - so all's well now.

As far as I can tell the server became unavailable at or before 05:00 GMT, and normal service was not resumed until c. 09:30 - 4 hours plus of disconnection is not acceptable. I hope someone from Resideo will explain what has happened, and give some reassurance as to the future.

It would be nice to know why there is only one server and no elegant redundancy.

FB
    Last edited by FullBore; 11th February 2021 at 10:12 AM. Reason: To expand

Automated Home Sr Member

Can now log into app but showing overnight target temps but actual temps are correct domoticx showing correct target temps as is control panel

Automated Home Lurker

Anyone else noticing random changes to zone settings?

The one for my office has just set itself to the wrong setting for this time of day (13, should be at 21). The app does not indicate that a manual override is active (I've not set one) and the schedule shows it should be set to 21.

Looking at the controller itself, it has the correct set point (21) - but the app is still showing that it is 13!

(App is back in action, BTW).

In some ways this is worse - the app looks like it's working, but it's not!

Automated Home Sr Member

App working now

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by keylevel View Post
    Anyone else noticing random changes to zone settings?

The one for my office has just set itself to the wrong setting for this time of day (13, should be at 21). The app does not indicate that a manual override is active (I've not set one) and the schedule shows it should be set to 21.

Looking at the controller itself, it has the correct set point (21) - but the app is still showing that it is 13!

(App is back in action, BTW).

In some ways this is worse - the app looks like it's working, but it's not!
    Chances are that the app will show the last known values and states as reported by your system even if it hasn't seen any communication from it for quite some time.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsmart View Post
    I think rebooting your controller by pushing the batteries apart should remove the phantom zone.
    That doesn’t work. My fictions unnamed room in the app, not on the Control Panel, remains and I can’t remove it.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    That doesn’t work. My fictions unnamed room in the app, not on the Control Panel, remains and I can’t remove it.
    I had a couple of 'ghost' zones appear when my controller was on old firmware and I tried to add new zones and aborted partway through the process (when I discovered the electric heat zone type wasn't available in that version). I contacted Residio support and they removed these zones for me, there didn't seem to be any other way to remove them.