X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterf
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jan 2015

Just logged in to the web site and the eu security site (I have the security system installed) with no problems whatsoever. I don't select the "remember me" option however as I seem to recall having to delete the relevant cookies a while back.

Comment

• Arrghh!
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
      I don't have any answers to the concerns expressed here. I've just logged onto Honeywell Home app, uplifted a zone to 22 degrees and it changed on the controller within 30 seconds. I don't use the app all that much and it was accessing Honewell's service via Wi-Fi but all seems OK with me. I usually try this when I hear of problems and it's always worked with me.

I just logged into https://international.mytotalconnect...Account/Login? and it was fine with me.

Perhaps I should think myself lucky but over the 5 odd years I've been using Evohome the only problems I've had (and they are annoying) is the controller batteries not charging and locked clocks.

Sorry this doesn't help!

I should add that I'm using Android on the mobile and Firefox on the PC.

Chris
      Chris, Did you leave the page open in your browser for some time to see if you get the same problem I reported (constant reloading)?

Comment

• Arrghh!
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by peterf View Post
        Just logged in to the web site and the eu security site (I have the security system installed) with no problems whatsoever. I don't select the "remember me" option however as I seem to recall having to delete the relevant cookies a while back.
        Why did you have to delete cookies when you had the remember me box checked?
        In either case, have you tried leaving the page open in your browser for > 30 minutes? Can you try that and see if you get the same problem I'm having?

I get the feeling most people using the web portal just make a change and then log out immediately afterwards, so they won't experience this constant reloading issue.

Comment

• peterf
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2015

I don't have the "remember me" box ticked so not sure what cookies it will load up. I do recall having to clear them out at some point in the distant past however and I can only think that was down to a login problem.

I've fired up the Total Connect Comfort page now and I'll see what happens in 30 minutes or so.

Comment

• Arrghh!
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2015

If you can, open up one window with the remember me box checked and another one with it unchecked.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              Got no problems at all. Can operate it on all devices, logging in and out is not an issue. Making changes to zones is fine. It works. What I find difficult to access is the web site. I log in and it usually immediately logs me out again.
              I have success. It seems a local issue. As so often these are but we blame everything else. From comments made I cleared out all cookies and history and then did a password reset, although I used the same password, and it logged in OK. Seems like the safari memory had stuff the site did not like.

Comment

• chrisgare
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                Why did you have to delete cookies when you had the remember me box checked?
                In either case, have you tried leaving the page open in your browser for > 30 minutes? Can you try that and see if you get the same problem I'm having?

I get the feeling most people using the web portal just make a change and then log out immediately afterwards, so they won't experience this constant reloading issue.
                I've just opened the page and I'll leave it open. Could you please explain the 'constant reloading' issue again please?
                Last edited by chrisgare; 29 December 2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• peterf
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2015

I tried that without the "remember me" box ticked and it chucked me out after exactly one hour. This was using IE11.

I can't now re-connect as it thinks I'm still logged in and I can't log out. However, if I open up a Chrome window I can get in without difficulty so it's obviously leaving some token somewhere. Time precludes me checking where it is for the moment but I'll leave as is for now to see if it's a time-limited token.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Dec 2015

I just tested again here with 'remember me' checked and unchecked. It made no difference. Both windows are now constantly refreshing.

It took maybe a little longer to start doing it today, about 60 minutes. If you can leave the window open for a good 2 or 3 hours I think that will probably prove it one way or another.

If it happens to you, you'll see that you can't log out or stop the page from refreshing. If you click on 'Account' it will take you back to the 'Locations' page and continues refreshing.
                    You can click on the 'Support' page and that one will load OK, but if you then go back to 'Locations' or 'Account' it will go back to constant refreshing.
                    Open another browser tab and try and log in again and you won't be able to.
                    Clear your cookies and it will work again for a while and then just start refreshing again.
                    Re-start your computer or put it to sleep for a while and you may be able to log in again and use it for another hour before it starts refreshing again.

That's my experience.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

I have success. It seems a local issue. As so often these are but we blame everything else. From comments made I cleared out all cookies and history and then did a password reset, although I used the same password, and it logged in OK. Seems like the safari memory had stuff the site did not like.
                      I spoke too soon! It won’t let me in again. Same issue as before. It accepts my login data and then immediately reverts to the log in page. The issue I think is my end, at least that has to be my starting point!

Comment

• Arrghh!
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Dec 2015

I spoke too soon! It won’t let me in again. Same issue as before. It accepts my login data and then immediately reverts to the log in page. The issue I think is my end, at least that has to be my starting point!
                        I have problems across all devices and all browsers I've got installed (IE, FF, Chrome) including my Android phone. As it behaves the same way on the phone (using the portal via Chrome, NOT the app), I'm thinking it can't be a local issue for me, but your circumstances and the problem you're getting could be a different one I suppose.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

I’ll try leaving it open next time I am able to log in. Currently I can’t. I have reset, cleared history, wiped out all cache memory, changed the password, ensured apps are closed, but no, I am persona non grata.

Comment

• paulockenden
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Apr 2015

I get the thing where it clears the username if I try to log in using the europe. URL, but it works fine if I use the international. URL.

Comment

• chrisgare
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                              I just tested again here with 'remember me' checked and unchecked. It made no difference. Both windows are now constantly refreshing.

It took maybe a little longer to start doing it today, about 60 minutes. If you can leave the window open for a good 2 or 3 hours I think that will probably prove it one way or another.

If it happens to you, you'll see that you can't log out or stop the page from refreshing. If you click on 'Account' it will take you back to the 'Locations' page and continues refreshing.
                              You can click on the 'Support' page and that one will load OK, but if you then go back to 'Locations' or 'Account' it will go back to constant refreshing.
                              Open another browser tab and try and log in again and you won't be able to.
                              Clear your cookies and it will work again for a while and then just start refreshing again.
                              Re-start your computer or put it to sleep for a while and you may be able to log in again and use it for another hour before it starts refreshing again.

That's my experience.
                              Interesting! After a couple of hours the Firefox browser started unsuccessfully refreshing every couple of seconds! Logout obviously didn't work. Support worked OK but Locations and Account suffered from the same issue when I returned to them. It has logged out as changing to Chrome brings up the Login menu. Chrome logs in OK but Firefox still cycling. Cannot stop Firefox from recycling.

So it's a definite issue that the auto-logout process is not working correctly.

Chris

Comment

• Arrghh!
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by chrisgare View Post
                                Interesting! After a couple of hours the Firefox browser started unsuccessfully refreshing every couple of seconds! Logout obviously didn't work. Support worked OK but Locations and Account suffered from the same issue when I returned to them. It has logged out as changing to Chrome brings up the Login menu. Chrome logs in OK but Firefox still cycling. Cannot stop Firefox from recycling.

So it's a definite issue that the auto-logout process is not working correctly.

Chris
                                Thanks for testing. Glad it's not just a couple of us experiencing this. Can you report it to Evohome support as they are denying anything is going wrong?

Comment

Working...
                                X