Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Lurker

I just called the support line and they confirmed that there is an issue with the login service. Unfortunately there is no eta for the fix and the support agent even told me that "Please call us again if it doesn't work after a week"

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by vanderwijk View Post
    I just called the support line and they confirmed that there is an issue with the login service. Unfortunately there is no eta for the fix and the support agent even told me that "Please call us again if it doesn't work after a week"
    Looking after customers is not in Honeywell’s remit.

I can log in OK this morning.

Automated Home Sr Member

Down again due to planned maintenance. No notification prior.

Automated Home Jr Member

Same here...

Automated Home Lurker

The App is so unreliable that you can’t depend on it so when you leave the house it renders a core feature pretty much useless.

It hasn’t seen an update in 11 months despite numerous basic feature requests people have asked to see.

This makes me think they may kill it off and release a new product. Based on their customer service I’m not convinced a new product will be backwards compatible and we’ll be left with an terrible, end of like product.

Automated Home Guru

Slightly off topic, but has anyone had problems with IFTTT in relation to Evohome recently. While the geolocation normally works fine, I've seen a couple of instances where it's failed in the last couple of weeks.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by quinla01 View Post
    The App is so unreliable that you can’t depend on it so when you leave the house it renders a core feature pretty much useless.

It hasn’t seen an update in 11 months despite numerous basic feature requests people have asked to see.

This makes me think they may kill it off and release a new product. Based on their customer service I’m not convinced a new product will be backwards compatible and we’ll be left with an terrible, end of like product.
    Yes the ability to access and monitor the system while away was a key feature that took me down the Evohome route. In fairness I've been lucky enough to find things operative on the occasions I've needed it but I know others have been less fortunate. The system within my 3 storey + cellars Victorian house (ie potentially intrinsic difficult RF) has been faultless and I've found the resulting increase in comfort levels, controllability and, yes, economy very welcome indeed. I do agree about backwards compatibility especially in terms of HR92s but I recognise the WiFi controller probably lacks much in the way of headroom for software upgrade and that smacks of built in obsolescence. Cynical commercial practice!

Automated Home Legend philchillbill's Avatar

I have a script running on cron that checks if TCC is down and sends a push notification to my iPhone via Prowl if it's unresponsive. Luckily I have a HGI80 via Domoticz so I can still control things on the go via that alternative.

The Alexa skill should have a function to ask if the service is operational, because, well, it often isn't...

Automated Home Sr Member

2 more loss of communication emails again today. None for weeks. It’s their end because login screen doesn’t even come up on app saying failed to get account info.
    Last edited by Tigermad; 19th October 2019 at 08:13 PM.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

If it was their end wouldn’t everyone here get the same? I didn’t.

If your phone was connected to the same WiFi as your controller then the app not connecting just proves that there's a failure somewhere between you and Residio's servers. It could be your ISP having a blip, or one of their peers, or a routing failure, or....

At the times when the failure really is 'them' (it does happen), we all see the problems at the same time.