Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Legend

My app has not noticeably lost contact as others have experienced of late but what I have noticed is that over the last few days it has slowed down, takes longer to open even when it has not been previously closed and occasionally changes to temperature in rooms don’t seem to be accepted initially but exit the app and open again it shows the change went through. This has only happened in the last few days. Perhaps the updating effected to the main server that others report has caused issues?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    My app has not noticeably lost contact as others have experienced of late but what I have noticed is that over the last few days it has slowed down, takes longer to open even when it has not been previously closed and occasionally changes to temperature in rooms don’t seem to be accepted initially but exit the app and open again it shows the change went through. This has only happened in the last few days. Perhaps the updating effected to the main server that others report has caused issues?
    I have seen similar and am wondering if this could be contributing to the problems I have seen with my system over the last few days?

Automated Home Sr Member

App down for “planned” maintenance this morning. If it was planned why couldn’t they notify us beforehand.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermad View Post
    App down for “planned” maintenance this morning. If it was planned why couldn’t they notify us beforehand.
    I'm intrigued to know how they knew it was going to be the coldest night for a decade when "planning" the maintenance

Automated Home Legend

I agree, some advance notice is not difficult unless they have had a system failure.

Automated Home Jr Member

Then this message is just a lie and shows what kind of amateurs they are.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Plangin View Post
    Then this message is just a lie and shows what kind of amateurs they are.
    The chances are you won’t be told when it is back on line again, you will simply find the app working. Fine if one is at home for the Control Panel can be used but for those away from home, perhaps wanting to put the heating I ahead of a return home, they are stuck. They can’t plan for a no notice planned maintenance. Yes as we have the app, so they have our contact emails. Not difficult to communicate. Perhaps I should shut up. I have moaned about this for many years and nothing changes. Quite the opposite of other sites/products I am involved in where the manufacturer, the seller, takes a great interest in customer feedback, keeps in touch and adapts. I suppose if Honeywell controlled the server or IT system for an NHS hospital they wouldn’t tell it either of planned maintenance!

Automated Home Guru

I received an email at 08:10 GMT - 24 minutes ago saying:-

Dear user,

We would like to notify you that the Total Connect Comfort service restored communication with the heating system installed in the following location:

Sincerely,

Your Total Connect Comfort team
    Sadly I still cannot contact the server.

I have asked this before. Why don't they have more than one server, so that one can be on-line whilst the other is undergoing maintenance.

FB

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    The chances are you won’t be told when it is back on line again, you will simply find the app working. Fine if one is at home for the Control Panel can be used but for those away from home, perhaps wanting to put the heating I ahead of a return home, they are stuck. They can’t plan for a no notice planned maintenance. Yes as we have the app, so they have our contact emails. Not difficult to communicate. Perhaps I should shut up. I have moaned about this for many years and nothing changes. Quite the opposite of other sites/products I am involved in where the manufacturer, the seller, takes a great interest in customer feedback, keeps in touch and adapts. I suppose if Honeywell controlled the server or IT system for an NHS hospital they wouldn’t tell it either of planned maintenance!
    Has it ever been indicated that there was a real system error? I'm afraid the maintenance message will just always appear when there is an issue.
    Even Apple shows on its status page if there are problems with the system, without any excuses. This is visible even 24 hours in retrospect.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FullBore View Post
    I received an email at 08:10 GMT - 24 minutes ago saying:-

Sadly I still cannot contact the server.

I have asked this before. Why don't they have more than one server, so that one can be on-line whilst the other is undergoing maintenance.

FB
    Lucky you. My app still says planned maintenance is going on. (As at 09:12 GMT) I have no app access