Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I spoke too soon! It won’t let me in again. Same issue as before. It accepts my login data and then immediately reverts to the log in page. The issue I think is my end, at least that has to be my starting point!
    I have problems across all devices and all browsers I've got installed (IE, FF, Chrome) including my Android phone. As it behaves the same way on the phone (using the portal via Chrome, NOT the app), I'm thinking it can't be a local issue for me, but your circumstances and the problem you're getting could be a different one I suppose.

Automated Home Legend

Iíll try leaving it open next time I am able to log in. Currently I canít. I have reset, cleared history, wiped out all cache memory, changed the password, ensured apps are closed, but no, I am persona non grata.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I get the thing where it clears the username if I try to log in using the europe. URL, but it works fine if I use the international. URL.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghh! View Post
    I just tested again here with 'remember me' checked and unchecked. It made no difference. Both windows are now constantly refreshing.

It took maybe a little longer to start doing it today, about 60 minutes. If you can leave the window open for a good 2 or 3 hours I think that will probably prove it one way or another.

If it happens to you, you'll see that you can't log out or stop the page from refreshing. If you click on 'Account' it will take you back to the 'Locations' page and continues refreshing.
    You can click on the 'Support' page and that one will load OK, but if you then go back to 'Locations' or 'Account' it will go back to constant refreshing.
    Open another browser tab and try and log in again and you won't be able to.
    Clear your cookies and it will work again for a while and then just start refreshing again.
    Re-start your computer or put it to sleep for a while and you may be able to log in again and use it for another hour before it starts refreshing again.

That's my experience.
    Interesting! After a couple of hours the Firefox browser started unsuccessfully refreshing every couple of seconds! Logout obviously didn't work. Support worked OK but Locations and Account suffered from the same issue when I returned to them. It has logged out as changing to Chrome brings up the Login menu. Chrome logs in OK but Firefox still cycling. Cannot stop Firefox from recycling.

So it's a definite issue that the auto-logout process is not working correctly.

Chris

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgare View Post
    Interesting! After a couple of hours the Firefox browser started unsuccessfully refreshing every couple of seconds! Logout obviously didn't work. Support worked OK but Locations and Account suffered from the same issue when I returned to them. It has logged out as changing to Chrome brings up the Login menu. Chrome logs in OK but Firefox still cycling. Cannot stop Firefox from recycling.

So it's a definite issue that the auto-logout process is not working correctly.

Chris
    Thanks for testing. Glad it's not just a couple of us experiencing this. Can you report it to Evohome support as they are denying anything is going wrong?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrisgare View Post
    I don't have any answers to the concerns expressed here. I've just logged onto Honeywell Home app, uplifted a zone to 22 degrees and it changed on the controller within 30 seconds. I don't use the app all that much and it was accessing Honewell's service via Wi-Fi but all seems OK with me. I usually try this when I hear of problems and it's always worked with me.

I just logged into https://international.mytotalconnect...Account/Login? and it was fine with me.

Perhaps I should think myself lucky but over the 5 odd years I've been using Evohome the only problems I've had (and they are annoying) is the controller batteries not charging and locked clocks.

Sorry this doesn't help!

I should add that I'm using Android on the mobile and Firefox on the PC.

Chris
    Actually Chris your post does help. Having followed this forum for a year before committing to Evohome I was a little unimpressed by my first experience. FWIW my Android based phone application has been updating the Evotouch reliably within 15-20 seconds for the last few days. Internally the system has been working in my fairly challenging environment very well so your long term observation really heartens me.

I appreciate the wealth of experience and help within this forum enormously. Thank you to all.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karrimor View Post
    The only way I have found to "fix" this issue, is to remove the device from the system. This shouldn't be necessary, but it seems to fix the problem for now:

1. Login on the Total Connect Comfort account from a PC or laptop.
    2. Tap on "Location name" under "My Locations"
    3. Tap on the "View Settings" box under "Comfort System"
    4. MAKE A NOTE OF THE MAC AND CRC CODES
    5. Tap on "Remove Comfort System" and confirm the action.
    6. Tap on "Add System" under "Comfort System" to add THE MAC ID and CRC (from step 4) and click "Submit"

I had to perform the above steps during the last outage . This is an overkill, but it may work if you are desperate to get the device, app and web working again.
    Thanks for this tip. The app had been failing to show any of my zones for the last few days (endless 'loading' icon), but your suggestion worked.

Automated Home Jr Member

On the international website, I can't log out, so I assume I'll have problems logging in if I need to do so later today.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    I get the thing where it clears the username if I try to log in using the europe. URL, but it works fine if I use the international. URL.
    Thanks Paul. It does seem to be fine using the international route.

This post started with reference to the app being disfunctional. I have had family from Australia (6 of them) with us since Thursday of last week. They feel the cold! This has meant that the app has had a caning with frequent changes to temperatures settings, ensuring there is ample hot water, adjusting over night temperatures etc. I am suure I have never in the last 4 years had to use the app as much. Nor the control panel. Absolutely no issues. Whether used on an iPhone or iPad or the Panel. My guests have been impressed at the control I have over the system. It works! Well it has done for the past 4 years.

I can say the same for Evohome Security system as well. Just a pain that you have to log in twice to access it on the usual URL.

Automated Home Sr Member

I've a minor problem with the security part of the app. I don't know if it's following an Android update to 8.1.0 on a Lenovo tablet or an app update, but the result is that, going into the security section of the app, the keyboard isn't popping up to allow me to enter the pin. The workround is to click the "forgot pin" and then hit the back button which then enables me to enter the pin. It's OK on Ios.

Anyone else or is it just a Lenovo quirk from their Android implementation?