Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    Has anyone any idea of what they're up to? I don't do Twitter so haven't seen their postings but I can't envisage what they would be doing that would take so long to accomplish.
    I can only guess, for Honeywell, for some reason don’t want to tell us, but I imagine it is an integration of their various home products. I have Evohome Heating and Evohome Security. Yes I can access both in the standard app but it’s a pain to do so and the standard up cries out for an upgrade. I use the European site for my security as it provides more data than the app does. Then there is their newish Home product and a different app for it. It all points to a crying need to integrate all into a decent app that looks nice and competes with others and also works with Apple’s HomeKit.

Perhaps the answer about what they are doing is in the email we received. The heading says “Planned Maintenance of Honeywell Home Services / Total Connect Comfort”. That is two different services. Common sense says put all together and improve the functionality of all. But sense is not common!

I also am not a Twitter, nor Facebook, user but you can access some stuff even if not a subscriber. The following is the link to the Twitter page:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Honeywell...WnNhRFgwIn0%3D

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

More instructive is a twitter search so that you can see what others are saying too:

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=...d_query&f=live

P.

Automated Home Guru

I have both products as well and also use the European site for tinkering with the security system.

Interesting link you provided Paul. Looks like an object lesson in how to alienate your customer base!

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    I can only guess, for Honeywell, for some reason don’t want to tell us, but I imagine it is an integration of their various home products. I have Evohome Heating and Evohome Security. Yes I can access both in the standard app but it’s a pain to do so and the standard up cries out for an upgrade. I use the European site for my security as it provides more data than the app does. Then there is their newish Home product and a different app for it. It all points to a crying need to integrate all into a decent app that looks nice and competes with others and also works with Apple’s HomeKit.

Perhaps the answer about what they are doing is in the email we received. The heading says “Planned Maintenance of Honeywell Home Services / Total Connect Comfort”. That is two different services. Common sense says put all together and improve the functionality of all. But sense is not common!

I also am not a Twitter, nor Facebook, user but you can access some stuff even if not a subscriber. The following is the link to the Twitter page:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Honeywell...WnNhRFgwIn0%3D

Automated Home Sr Member

The good thing is that Americans don't old back when it comes to complaining about bad service.

The bad thing is Honeywell/Resideo don't seem to give a stuff.

Maybe it will get better, maybe it will get worse. If they would just communicate with their customer base more, I might have more confidence but for now I'm still going to look to replace all my Honeywell kit this summer, even if I have to go back temporarily to a system with less control.

Automated Home Guru

I didn't receive an email from Honeywell but noticed last night that the heating wasn't responding to changes made on the app, despite the "service status" being green. Now the Domoticz data is strange but I guess that's not surprising. What did the Honeywell email say?
    If this goes on an email to the CEO [email protected] might get some answers.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DorrisMancer View Post
    I didn't receive an email from Honeywell but noticed last night that the heating wasn't responding to changes made on the app, despite the "service status" being green. Now the Domoticz data is strange but I guess that's not surprising. What did the Honeywell email say?
    If this goes on an email to the CEO [email protected] might get some answers.
    The email said

“Planned Maintenance of Honeywell Home Services / Total Connect Comfort

Honeywell Home services will undergo planned maintenance over the next few weeks.

Start date: 22/01/2019

We’re undergoing an update to our software and services to improve your experience and maintain your security. Our servers will undergo maintenance over the next few weeks, and you may experience brief intermittent connectivity. Our updates will begin taking place on January 22, and run throughout February. The downtime will be used to maintain the platform, perform upgrades, and help ensure the continued integrity and security of our services to our users.

During this time, the thermostat and security system will continue to work locally, but you may temporarily experience an inability to manage it remotely via the app.

No action is required from you right now. Connectivity will re-establish itself automatically. If we can answer any questions or provide additional information, you can contact us here. You can also follow us on Twitter for latest status information.

Thank you for your patience and understanding
    Honeywell Home Team”

The cut off from the system is intermittent

Automated Home Guru

Thanks!
    Presumably there's somewhere in my profile to say yea or nay to receiving emails - I'll change it.

Automated Home Guru

Ok this is getting really annoying, I can handle my app telling me it can't connect, but when it appears to be working correctly and then does nothing. Once minute its working fine, the next my commands are ignored, so a couple of hours later I find a heater I thought I'd turned down is still going full blast...
    hope this will be over soon.... and I fear the only difference will be a slightly more reliable connection... but hope we get some new features to make up for it..

Automated Home Guru

Yep, really annoying. I use IFTTT with geofencing and I'm finding that it will set the system to economy on leaving an area but not revert back to schedule even when the app says that it has done. I need to go back to the controller and cancel the economy setting.

Automated Home Guru

Assuming most of Evohome users live in the northern hemisphere, wouldn't it have been better to do this in the summer..