Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Sr Member

Emails over night to say system down again. App not logging in again. When is this ever going to stop?

Automated Home Sr Member

I've had a lot of "lost system communication" email messages overnight. Anyone else?

But on a positive note, I did notice yesterday that the bug which caused constant refreshing when monitoring the system in a browser seems to have been fixed. That's they one they denied even existed!

Update! No, it's not been fixed, it's refreshing itself again.
    Last edited by Arrghh!; 28th February 2019 at 12:59 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tigermad View Post
    Emails over night to say system down again. App not logging in again. When is this ever going to stop?
    Tomorrow, according to the email they sent out ………….

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghh! View Post
    I've had a lot of "lost system communication" email messages overnight. Anyone else?

But on a positive note, I did notice yesterday that the bug which caused constant refreshing when monitoring the system in a browser seems to have been fixed. That's they one they denied even existed!

Update! No, it's not been fixed, it's refreshing itself again.
    Not here, but I got a lot of failed zone change alerts last night after saying goodnight to Alexa, which normally performs a set of zone overrides for all the downstairs zones.

Automated Home Sr Member

I have had about 30 lost comunication emails in last 24 hrs!!

Automated Home Sr Member

When I went to bed last night (in a slightly drunken haze admittedly) I couldn't understand why the heating was still on and the heating schedule didn't look right, but I just turned the temps down and hit the sack.

This morning, I realise that the controller had completely the wrong date and time set, so at 2am this morning it was running the daytime schedule. How that happened, I have no idea but I've restarted the controller and reconnected Wifi so the date and time is now correct.

In the process it's restored comms with the HR92s fine. Hot water control is responding to on and off commands but instead of the temperature it's displaying "NaN", which I don't recall seeing before.

What is "NaN" and how can I correct it?

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Arrghh! View Post
    What is "NaN" and how can I correct it?
    NaN is an acronym for "Not a Number". The straight forward conclusion from this is that the unit is either not reporting temperature or communication is somehow distorted. You could try new batteries to verify if it is a simple case of weak signal.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    NaN is an acronym for "Not a Number". The straight forward conclusion from this is that the unit is either not reporting temperature or communication is somehow distorted. You could try new batteries to verify if it is a simple case of weak signal.
    Ah OK. It seems to have fixed itself now and working again. I still can't see how the controller could have messed up it's date/time setting though. If it loses comms with the router doesn't it revert to a built in RTC?

Automated Home Legend

If the hot water temperature isn't changing it can take more than an hour for a new temperature measurement to be received. So you'll get an hourglass in the hot water box on the controller until that happens. Normal behaviour after rebooting the controller.

HR92's and room temperature thermostats check in more frequently.

Automated Home Legend

Looks like there is a major server outage tonight starting at about 8:50pm. Anyone else seeing this ?

I tried to use Alexa to turn the downstairs heating off, "sorry the <zone> is not responding". Checked the TCC iPhone app, (which uses the V2 API) "Failed to get account information", retry or logout.

Checked my graphing system, (which uses the V1 API) "500 Server Error: Internal Server Error for url: https://tccna.honeywell.com/WebAPI/api/locations?userId=.........." since 8:50pm. It's now 9:35pm and still down so will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Ouch.

It had actually been quite reliable for me lately.

Edit: Just noticed in my logs that there were similar 500 Server errors briefly between 9:45 and 10:15 am this morning.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 21st March 2019 at 10:41 PM.