X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

My app has not noticeably lost contact as others have experienced of late but what I have noticed is that over the last few days it has slowed down, takes longer to open even when it has not been previously closed and occasionally changes to temperature in rooms don’t seem to be accepted initially but exit the app and open again it shows the change went through. This has only happened in the last few days. Perhaps the updating effected to the main server that others report has caused issues?

Comment

• CT1
      Automated Home Guru
      • Apr 2016

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      My app has not noticeably lost contact as others have experienced of late but what I have noticed is that over the last few days it has slowed down, takes longer to open even when it has not been previously closed and occasionally changes to temperature in rooms don’t seem to be accepted initially but exit the app and open again it shows the change went through. This has only happened in the last few days. Perhaps the updating effected to the main server that others report has caused issues?
      I have seen similar and am wondering if this could be contributing to the problems I have seen with my system over the last few days?

Comment

• Tigermad
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2018

App down for “planned” maintenance this morning. If it was planned why couldn’t they notify us beforehand.

Comment

• peterf
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
          App down for “planned” maintenance this morning. If it was planned why couldn’t they notify us beforehand.
          I'm intrigued to know how they knew it was going to be the coldest night for a decade when "planning" the maintenance

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

I agree, some advance notice is not difficult unless they have had a system failure.

Comment

• Plangin
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Oct 2015

Then this message is just a lie and shows what kind of amateurs they are.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Plangin View Post
                Then this message is just a lie and shows what kind of amateurs they are.
                The chances are you won’t be told when it is back on line again, you will simply find the app working. Fine if one is at home for the Control Panel can be used but for those away from home, perhaps wanting to put the heating I ahead of a return home, they are stuck. They can’t plan for a no notice planned maintenance. Yes as we have the app, so they have our contact emails. Not difficult to communicate. Perhaps I should shut up. I have moaned about this for many years and nothing changes. Quite the opposite of other sites/products I am involved in where the manufacturer, the seller, takes a great interest in customer feedback, keeps in touch and adapts. I suppose if Honeywell controlled the server or IT system for an NHS hospital they wouldn’t tell it either of planned maintenance!

Comment

• FullBore
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Jan 2016

I received an email at 08:10 GMT - 24 minutes ago saying:-

Dear user,

We would like to notify you that the Total Connect Comfort service restored communication with the heating system installed in the following location:

Sincerely,

Your Total Connect Comfort team
                  Sadly I still cannot contact the server.

I have asked this before. Why don't they have more than one server, so that one can be on-line whilst the other is undergoing maintenance.

FB

Comment

• Plangin
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                    The chances are you won’t be told when it is back on line again, you will simply find the app working. Fine if one is at home for the Control Panel can be used but for those away from home, perhaps wanting to put the heating I ahead of a return home, they are stuck. They can’t plan for a no notice planned maintenance. Yes as we have the app, so they have our contact emails. Not difficult to communicate. Perhaps I should shut up. I have moaned about this for many years and nothing changes. Quite the opposite of other sites/products I am involved in where the manufacturer, the seller, takes a great interest in customer feedback, keeps in touch and adapts. I suppose if Honeywell controlled the server or IT system for an NHS hospital they wouldn’t tell it either of planned maintenance!
                    Has it ever been indicated that there was a real system error? I'm afraid the maintenance message will just always appear when there is an issue.
                    Even Apple shows on its status page if there are problems with the system, without any excuses. This is visible even 24 hours in retrospect.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FullBore View Post
                      I received an email at 08:10 GMT - 24 minutes ago saying:-

Sadly I still cannot contact the server.

I have asked this before. Why don't they have more than one server, so that one can be on-line whilst the other is undergoing maintenance.

FB
                      Lucky you. My app still says planned maintenance is going on. (As at 09:12 GMT) I have no app access

Comment

• FullBore
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • Jan 2016

I only received an untrue email saying the server was up - it wasn't

It's now come back up and all my rooms are set to the wrong target temperature as viewed from the app.- 14 degrees!

Happily the controller is still showing the correct target temperature.

What is going on - this is getting beyond a farce.

FB

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

No email or message but the app has come alive again. No odd temperatures but I have a fictitious room I can’t remove.

This occurred after unpairing an HR92 and deleting a room where a radiator is no longer needed. Also unpairing the domestic hot water connection as a new boiler installed yesterday is a combi. Nothing to do with the maintenance Honeywell have been doing but an odd thing. When I first looked yesterday this fictitious room was set to 60C. I had nothing set at that. The only thing that could be was DHW but that had been set to 55C. I can’t remove this fictional room. It does not appear on the control panel, only in the app. Exiting and logging in again does not remove it. I know somebody else in the forum had this problem and not sure how he resolved it - can’t find the original post!

Comment

• kevinsmart
                            Automated Home Ninja
                            • Sep 2018

I think rebooting your controller by pushing the batteries apart should remove the phantom zone.

Comment

• FullBore
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Jan 2016

I rebooted my Android 'phone which didn't solve the problem.

I then signed on from a Windows 10 PC which showed the correct target temperatures; signing on to the app. immediately afterwards showed the 14 degrees settings, but there was an instant update to the correct settings - so all's well now.

As far as I can tell the server became unavailable at or before 05:00 GMT, and normal service was not resumed until c. 09:30 - 4 hours plus of disconnection is not acceptable. I hope someone from Resideo will explain what has happened, and give some reassurance as to the future.

It would be nice to know why there is only one server and no elegant redundancy.

FB
                              Last edited by FullBore; 11 February 2021, 11:12 AM. Reason: To expand

Comment

• Mickjohn
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Mar 2015

Can now log into app but showing overnight target temps but actual temps are correct domoticx showing correct target temps as is control panel

Comment

Working...
                                X