Page 35 of 47 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: Evohome app broken

Automated Home Lurker

I’m not convinced. I have at least 5 other devices / systems in my house that alert me when comms fail. When comms does fail, fair enough and I get alerts from all. EvoHome consistently fails and I don’t get alerts from anything else. Often not even from evohome it simply stops connecting.

My only explanation as to why some people are prone to issues more than others is either a) dubious hardware b) overloaded servers. My gut feeling is the latter. This again goes back to my original point, I don’t think they are investing in this product as it’s effectively end of line.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Next time turn off WiFi on your phone and recheck with the app using mobile data.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by quinla01 View Post
    I’m not convinced. I have at least 5 other devices / systems in my house that alert me when comms fail. When comms does fail, fair enough and I get alerts from all. EvoHome consistently fails and I don’t get alerts from anything else. Often not even from evohome it simply stops connecting.

My only explanation as to why some people are prone to issues more than others is either a) dubious hardware b) overloaded servers. My gut feeling is the latter. This again goes back to my original point, I don’t think they are investing in this product as it’s effectively end of line.
    After nearly 5 years of having Evohome I don’t get the problem you have. It all works. If there is a comms failure it is either self induced and affects all other devices or is because Honeywell are carrying out maintenance.

Automated Home Sr Member

8 pairs of notifications since 4 am today telling me lost connection / restored connection

Automated Home Sr Member

Make sure the power jack is pushed fully home,I had two lost/restored notices. It turned out to be jack not fully pushed in.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Next time turn off WiFi on your phone and recheck with the app using mobile data.
    I'm not sure what this would achieve. The thermostat relies on wifi to communicate with the EvoHome network. If i turn off WiFi then it 100% won't work.

Automated Home Lurker

A few days ago I decided to start from scratch one last time. Not only did i factory reset all the hardware (which I have done 10 times before) I deleted all instances of the app and logged into EvoHome website and removed the location. This last step i have not done before. After creating a new location and setting up the system exactly the same way as I've done in the past, to date fingers crossed It's been working as expected.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mickjohn View Post
    8 pairs of notifications since 4 am today telling me lost connection / restored connection
    Sadly it does all point to a fault your end. When I first installed Evohome I could not resist playing with it and I caused issues. After I did a fresh clean install and left it alone, 5 years ago, it has worked. The only aspect that never did was optimisation. After a few months I switched it off for it did nothing other than use more fuel.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mickjohn View Post
    Same here along with a load of failed zone changes yet the changes are actually working ok.

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Same here along with a load of failed zone changes yet the changes are actually working ok.
    Same. Lost and restored emails since 04:01 this morning. Last restore was 14:10.