X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

I am not having any problems. All is working fine.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by peterf View Post
      I've a problem with both the android and ios versions of the app miss-reporting temperatures in a couple of zones today. System and controller are both working OK however.

Is it just me or is there a more widespread problem?
      A couple of days ago I was trying to turn the heating back on remotely via the app - try as I might although the mode would change to "following schedule" the temperatures remained stubbornly at my 10C away temperature. Tried multiple times, tried from a different phone with the app installed, tried day off mode, eventually gave up, resigned to arrive home at a cold house.

However when we got home the controller was working normally and the heating was on in the mode I had last selected from the app. Apparently the app was able to push the mode change to the controller but none of the updated zone set points were being sent from the controller to the phone app.

Come on Honeywell, these app and API issues are getting kinda boring now! How hard is it to design a reliable app and API ? It's got to the point where I'm surprised when the app DOES work correctly, and without fuss.

For the last month or more I'm still seeing frequent intermittent issues with polling the API to generate my graphs - my hot water temperature graph looks like rats have nibbled on it due to all the gaps in the graph caused by the Honeywell servers failing to give useful results to queries. I've actually given up on ever having my graphs working 100% again as the servers are just too unreliable lately.
      Last edited by DBMandrake; 24 December 2018, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
        I've noticed recently I get emails when service is restored, but not when it's lost.
        I've also noticed that the app no longer reports if the system has lost communications with the Honeywell server.

Previously you would get a warning on the app to say communications with the system has been lost (co-incident with the email report) but now the app pretends everything is OK but no changes go through.

So another regression in the performance of the app and API in recent times. Disappointing.

Now if your system goes offline you get no email warning and no warning in the phone app that something is wrong, it will accept commands from the app but not implement them!

Comment

• peterf
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2015

Back to normal with no changes on my part so likely a Honeywell problem. I must say that this was a first for me in several years of operation - it's always been OK in the past. I do echo Karrimor's comments on the regular need to log back in to the servers periodically. As I've said in an earlier post elsewhere, the Honeywell app is the only one where I don't have to look up my name/password due to the frequency of having to use it.

Comment

• Arrghh!
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2015

Seems to be broken for me today. No changes via portal or app are being actioned, but I'm seeing no error messages either.

Comment

• gordonb3
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Dec 2016

Seems to be fubar-ed. It's now 20:21 and the app is showing me an override until 19:48 on one of my zones. I actually did set that override using the app, but the controller never showed it. Had a weird issue a few days ago as well, when the controller failed to show a local override and that zone kept racing and ignored it's next schedule point where it should have returned to its normal setting.

What's going on here?

Comment

• Tigermad
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Nov 2018

Just come back home after 10 days away and the app isn’t changing my valves temperature again. Pretty peed off this is happening again after it messed up around a month ago too. Servers must be screwed.

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                  Just come back home after 10 days away and the app isn’t changing my valves temperature again. Pretty peed off this is happening again after it messed up around a month ago too. Servers must be screwed.
                  No problems with the app. I been away and able to monitor and and control the system from 100 miles from home without issue. What I cannot do though is log on to the web site using my iPad or iPhone and am beginning to think this is a compatibility issue with the latest IOS version.

Comment

• gordonb3
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Dec 2016

So the app just updated the values about 20 minutes ago. Controller still does not show the new override I programmed since and just now the zone that had the earlier override is now showing the 19:48 end time again.

Comment

• Tigermad
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2018

It's all over Twitter that the whole world is having trouble with the app communicating. Same as last month.

Comment

• MrBoy
                        Automated Home Guru
                        • May 2017

Today I set an override of 20 on a zone. In the app it correctly reports the target temp of 20 and the actual temp of 14, but the radiator is stone cold until we twist the knob.

Comment

• Karrimor
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2016

Just experienced the same issue this morning. I set an override on two radiators (15.5 actual to 20C, and 16.5 actual to 19), but they are stone cold too!

Comment

• radar2016
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Mar 2016

3 radiators cold this morning, rest ok

Comment

• Plangin
                              Automated Home Jr Member
                              • Oct 2015

1 radiator cold this morinng.... brrrr

Comment

• MrBoy
                                Automated Home Guru
                                • May 2017

Has anyone actually chased up Honeywell support and heard any response?

Comment

Working...
                                X