• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tigermad
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Nov 2018

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Ow!!!

I actually just checked the temperature log. Investigating the application log it turns out the portal started refusing login (renewal) at 4:59 PM. By sheer luck I just happened to have a connection from 6:46 PM until 7:48 PM, which is when I issued my override. From 7:48 on all connection attempts are timing out.
    How do you see a log please?

Comment

• gordonb3
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2016

I don't use the official app. Not normally anyway. The logs are from a home automation project that I use to channel my commands.

Comment

• Tigermad
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2018

Yay. Working again.

Comment

• Plangin
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2015

It's also visible in my Homebridge logs.

And I get more and more upset about the unreliability of the Evohome system.

Comment

• peterf
            Automated Home Guru
            • Jan 2015

Interestingly, during the app outage, my system was happy to respond via Alexa so parts of the Honeywell system were working OK.

Although these outages aren't common, I do get the feeling, and it's only a feeling as I don't log the outages in any way, that they occur around weekends and holiday periods. It's almost as though the developers of the app launch their updates/upgrades out of what for them would be the normal working day/week without appreciating that those periods represent peak usage periods for the app.

Comment

• Tigermad
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Nov 2018

Theres maintenance on 14th so be prepared for it not to work after again

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                Theres maintenance on 14th so be prepared for it not to work after again
                I don’t think updates dominate around weekends or holiday periods. It may be it seems that way as there could be a tendency to want to “play” more with the system at such times. Over the years I have not noticed such a tendency. However, what does irritate is not being told when there is to be an outage or if it is not a planned one, no email to explain after it is rectified. Advance info about maintenance is not common. I have not had anything to say there is something planned on the 14th. Honeywell and good customer relations do not seem to go hand in hand, never have done and yet it is so simple to keep your customers informed.

Comment

• gordonb3
                  Automated Home Ninja
                  • Dec 2016

I think one should consider the other possibility that the outages are not caused by Honeywell themselves but by outside parties, like hackers, script-kiddies firing password guessing routines from every machine they managed to compromise earlier, and possibly even "fake news"-chasers which appears to be the new hobby of our non-chosen representatives in Brussels (or Strasbourg). In any case I'm seeing outages on other servers I frequent as well, most typically indicated by a Cloudflare page informing me that there is nothing wrong with my connection to some central hub but the server on the other side not responding for whatever reason.

Comment

• peterf
                    Automated Home Guru
                    • Jan 2015

Last time I looked it all seemed to be hosted by Microsoft in the Netherlands. I'd have thought they'd have enough fail-over and load balancing to cope with most things.

Comment

• Tigermad
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2018

I didn't get an email about the the maintenance on the 14th. It's on the server status page. Used to get emails but not anymore

Comment

• Arrghh!
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Dec 2015

I've had two Evohome systems installed for around 3 years and I don't remember it being as bad as it is now.
                        In that time, I've seen one redesign of the app but otherwise no visible development of the interface or functionality of the system from the operator's POV.
                        Support is next to useless. The last communication I had with them they didn't even reply to.
                        I'll be looking to replace all my Evohome kit sometime this year if the situation stays the same.

Comment

• Plangin
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Oct 2015

Where would you go to?

Eve is interessting for me as an HomeKit user, but the Thermostats are bulky and not so pretty. And you can not see the temperature unless you stand up and touch it.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Plangin View Post
                            Where would you go to?

Eve is interessting for me as an HomeKit user, but the Thermostats are bulky and not so pretty. And you can not see the temperature unless you stand up and touch it.
                            I've not researched it yet as I've had other things taking up my time recently, but I've found Genius Hub which looks similar.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Dec 2015

So, once again changes made in the app or portal are not being actioned. Presumably something has gone wrong at the server end again?

Comment

• Mickjohn
                                Automated Home Sr Member
                                • Mar 2015

Same problem here!!

Comment

Working...
                                X