Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DT92E temperature mismatch

  1. #1
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default DT92E temperature mismatch

    I'm sure this is something Im doing wrong!

    I've added a DT92E thermostat and BDR91 to control an electric heater. everything seems to have bonded correctly and the "actual temperature" shown on the DT92E and the EvoTouch controller match and update on change, but the "target temperature" when changed on either device never match the other.

    If however the target temperate is increased on the Evotouch controller, the BDR91 triggers on, and off when the temperature is reached, as would be expected.

    Any pointers?

  2. #2
    Automated Home Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StuartW View Post
    I'm sure this is something Im doing wrong!

    I've added a DT92E thermostat and BDR91 to control an electric heater. everything seems to have bonded correctly and the "actual temperature" shown on the DT92E and the EvoTouch controller match and update on change, but the "target temperature" when changed on either device never match the other.

    If however the target temperate is increased on the Evotouch controller, the BDR91 triggers on, and off when the temperature is reached, as would be expected.

    Any pointers?
    Sounds like you only bound it as a temperature sensor, somehow.

    The DTS92E is both a temperature sensor and a set point controller, if you added it normally by creating a new zone then binding it as the sensor when asked (and then later binding the BDR91) it will bind it both as a temperature sensor and a set point controller.

    However if you just added it by changing the temperature sensor for an existing zone it will NOT bind the set point controller side of the device, so it will behave as only a dumb temperature sensor and will be unable to see or set the zone set point.

    In short I would delete the zone and just create it again, binding the DT92 and BDR91 again. Make sure you clear the bindings on both before trying to set them up again.

    Unlike an HR92 which the controller only sends set point changes to every 4 minutes or so, the DT92E "pulls" the set point from the controller when you press the up or down button. So if you change the set point on the controller then press the up or down button on the DTS92 it should report the new set point within seconds.

  3. #3
    Automated Home Jr Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Sorry for delayed response.

    This was the way I originally set very thing up, straight after clearing the bindings. However I deleted the bings again & went back through it & it’s now working. Obvious was me doing something wrong first time ��.

    Thanks for the pointers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •