• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juggler
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2005

zWave dimmer/light switches

I've been trying to locate UK zWave dimmer/light switches (wall mounted, not lamps). Does anyone know if there are some available? Will US ones work here over here?
  • Anonymous
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2000

Re: zWave dimmer/light switches

I would also love to fit some zwave light switches, the US modules won't be suitable because the americans use 110 vac. I wanted to control my central heating with a zwave module and decided to adapt an appliance module. Basically I took the unit apart and put it in a box. I use the zwave module to operate a 240vac relay. You could always adapt a Lapm module in the same way I suppose to operate your lights ?.

Comment

• Anonymous
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2000

The US Zwave stuff is also on a different frequency.
      I have also modified Zwave modules to work on my main lights I have control of them via momentary switches and Homeseer.

Comment

• juggler
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2005

Thanks guys. Seems to be a real lack of zwave devices (even in the US). Anyone know why? Is there no demand?

Comment

• Anonymous
          Automated Home Guru
          • Nov 2000

Hiya

I have had zwave for quite a while now and been waiting for some type of inline controllers for my main lights not just my lights plugged into lamp modules.

I notice a few of you have dismantled some. How big are the components inside? Am I going to be able to safely put one in the ceiling?

Even better, any of you guys got any pictures?

I have given up waiting for the gear from Icom..

Comment

• Anonymous
            Automated Home Guru
            • Nov 2000

Just open up the zwave module and put it in an adaptable box (B&Q warehouse have a good range) might be an idea to fit the box where you can get easy access to it rather than above the ceiling rose. The other consideration is the load.

The lamp modules are rated @ 300 watt (1.25 amps) perhaps you might want to put a 1 amp fuse in line just to protect the module from overload.

If you use an appliacnce module they are rated at 10 amp so no real problem.

I have just obtained two lamp modules myself so might open one of them up and adatpt as Guest suggested with momentry switches.

I now have 4 appliance modules and 2 lamp modules Remote + USB z-wave pc adapter. I am really impressed with the product and how simple it is to set timers etc on the remote. I think its just slow to take off bmost people don't seem to be able to apply the technologhy. If I show any of my mates they just make fun and say does it brew up for you ?. I love coming home to a house that just at the right temperature and has one or two energy saving bulbs switched on giving it the lived in look.

Comment

Working...
            X