• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

T87RF and HR92 temperature displays

When you've got a T87RF and a HR92 bound to a zone with the HR92 set to display the room temperature on the display, which does it display? The temperature read at the HR92 or the T87RF?

Also when a remote sensor is bound to the zone, in the system summary list does it just say Radiator Valve or should it say Radiator Valve and Remote Sensor. For instance one zone which uses the EvoTouch as a sensor says this, but other zones that have remote sensors don't. I'm wondering whether they've bound correct.
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    When you've got a T87RF and a HR92 bound to a zone with the HR92 set to display the room temperature on the display, which does it display? The temperature read at the HR92 or the T87RF?
    Provided the zone is set to single room zone, the HR92 will display the temperature measured at the T87RF - although it will be delayed by a few minutes so they won't always agree exactly when the temperature is changing. When you have a remote sensor the sensor built in to the HR92 is only used for open window detection.
    Also when a remote sensor is bound to the zone, in the system summary list does it just say Radiator Valve or should it say Radiator Valve and Remote Sensor. For instance one zone which uses the EvoTouch as a sensor says this, but other zones that have remote sensors don't. I'm wondering whether they've bound correct.
    Unfortunately the configuration page will not list remote temperature sensors like a T87RF - it will still just say radiator valve.

The only sure fire way I know of testing the binding is correct is putting the wall sensor in a hot or cold location for 5 minutes or so and making sure the reading on the controller changes appropriately!

It's usually just easier to rebind the temperature sensor if you're not sure - which can be done without having to rebind the HR92's.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 24 November 2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Provided the zone is set to single room zone, the HR92 will display the temperature measured at the T87RF - although it will be delayed by a few minutes so they won't always agree exactly when the temperature is changing. When you have a remote sensor the sensor built in to the HR92 is only used for open window detection.

Unfortunately the configuration page will not list remote temperature sensors like a T87RF - it will still just say radiator valve.

The only sure fire way I know of testing the binding is correct is putting the wall sensor in a hot or cold location for 5 minutes or so and making sure the reading on the controller changes appropriately!

It's usually just easier to rebind the temperature sensor if you're not sure - which can be done without having to rebind the HR92's.
      Thanks, I thought as much.

They appear to be working correctly (I think) as the comfort level has improved, shall continue to monitor.

From what I can see on the T87RF once paired you can't add an offset for temperature on like a HR92. Am I correct?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

Not sure, as I have the DTS92.

You shouldn't need to add any offset though as it shouldn't be near the radiator. As long as you find a good place to mount it no offset is needed with a remote sensor to accurately sense the room temperature.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          Not sure, as I have the DTS92.

You shouldn't need to add any offset though as it shouldn't be near the radiator. As long as you find a good place to mount it no offset is needed with a remote sensor to accurately sense the room temperature.
          No I don't need to, I was just curious. As most sensors will allow you to alter an offset usually. Seems to have made a difference so far, so the binding must have worked!

Comment

Working...
          X