• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paddytt
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2018

Evohome controller as siongle zone thermostat

Hi
    Evohome newbie - please go easy! And sorry if this has been asked before, I have searched but didn’t find a straight answer.

The evohome installation guide (photo below I hope) shows the controller being used like a standard Honeywell controller (eg: a CM927). I successfully bound the controller to the BDR91 relay, but I could not get a zone set up correctly. I set a zone (see photo) with the heating type as Zone Valve (also tried Rad Valve) and the sensor as the Evotouch. But the boiler keeps coming on, the relay trips even when the actual temperature is well above the setpoint.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

TT

C37C9258-643D-4FF6-911E-4AC9A44B9A7F.jpg

image.jpg
    Last edited by paddytt; 25 November 2018, 10:12 AM.
  • paddytt
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2018

OK, so I tried setting itup using Guided Configuration and it works perfectly. Duhhh...

Can I now add HR92’s and create other zones, leaving the Evotouch in the main zone with standard TRV’s? Should these be set to full on?

Thanks

TT

Comment

• jon798
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2018

Does anyone know how to do this NOT using guided configuration? (trying to avoid re-setting up 11 zones of radiator valves and schedules).

What should it look like in the controller config pages?

Thanks,

Jon.

Comment

• paddytt
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Oct 2018

Hi Jon - I looked but could not see a way to replicate it.

I wanted the controller to act as the thermostat for the main living area, but controlling the boiler directly not the TRV’s, whilst the other zones took care of themselves within the bounds of the main area on/off. As far as I can determine from previous answers on this forum, this is not possible. THe instruction book is useless.

Comment

Working...
        X