• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nigethechap
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2018

Replacing Batteries - Rad-Thermostat not working

My batteries died in the bathroom radiator, and it took me a week or so to notice.
    Anyway, now changed, the screen firing back up, it recognises its the "bathroom" thermostat, and when I fully open the valve using the black disk it cycles.

However, it's not coming on at the programmed times, I'm at a loss of what to do / what it could be, any suggestions please ?

Cheers
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

Is the locking bit properly engaged? If you alert the temp manually does the valve does the control unit show the update?

If the locking nut is working, then I would delete the zone and recreate, remembering to clear the binding not eh HR92 before you rebind.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by nigethechap View Post
      My batteries died in the bathroom radiator, and it took me a week or so to notice.
      Anyway, now changed, the screen firing back up, it recognises its the "bathroom" thermostat, and when I fully open the valve using the black disk it cycles.

However, it's not coming on at the programmed times, I'm at a loss of what to do / what it could be, any suggestions please ?

Cheers
      Funnily enough I'm having the exact same issue with a HR92. Batteries went low (but not completely flat), been replaced with new batteries and ever since it's doing what yours is. Remove the HR92, cycle the wheel backwards, reseat it and engage the lock. Valve then cycles as it should (so lock is working), but then fails to open or close on a temperature set point rise or decrease. I have already tried rebinding (Fully clearing the Binding) and a full reset on the HR92. Both seem to have achieved nothing, as still the same.

Just in the process of trying obtaining a replacement under warranty.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by nigethechap View Post

Cheers
        Whilst I have had this problem a long time back and a simple rebinding cured it, there is another aspect to your post. It so easy not to spot a low battery warning. We don’t get them in the app and we should.
        Last edited by G4RHL; 28 November 2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• nigethechap
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          Whilst I have Name down this a long time back and a simple rebinding cured it, there is another aspect to your post. It so easy not to spot a low battery warning. We don’t get them in the app and we should.
          Is there a simple (or complex) way to unbind it, to allow me to re-bind ?
          Having moved the black disk manually, the radiator works so there's no problem with the valve, it's either it's connection to the hub (maybe where the bind / unbind will help), or it's the head itself.

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Pressing the white down for a few seconds takes you into the bind and unbind menu. Turning the end cap sets the options.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2017

Got the faulty HR92 replaced. New one Binded up fine and worked straight away.

Comment

Working...
              X