• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnOC
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2018

Incorrect time on evoHome Connected Controller

Last week I noticed that the time on my evoHome touchscreen controller was incorrect but about 4 hours, and hence the heating didn't come on. The settings specified getting the date/time via WiFi so I checked my router, which had the correct time as it's configured to get it's date/time from the internet using NTP and pool.ntp.org. I've since configured the date time manually on the touch controller but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and whether this is a known issue?
  • Edinburgh2000
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by JohnOC View Post
    Last week I noticed that the time on my evoHome touchscreen controller was incorrect [by] about 4 hours, and hence the heating didn't come on. The settings specified getting the date/time via WiFi so I checked my router, which had the correct time as it's configured to get its date/time from the internet using NTP and pool.ntp.org. I've since configured the date time manually on the touch controller but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue and whether this is a known issue?
    Has your problem resolved itself (i.e. has your manual correction of the time stuck)? If not, and the EvoTouch has gone back to a four hour offset, have a look at this thread: https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...g)-on-Evotouch

If you wade through the pages in that, you will see that it describes that the time setting is a combination of UTC and a timezone offset that is determined by the location that you define in your Honeywell login. Having a four hour offset suggests that your Honeywell Location is set with the wrong timezone. Check your timezone on the "Edit location" button. But note that Honeywell does not use that timezone to define the daylight savings offset . For that, you would need to change the definition of your location (e.g. UK postcode or US zipcode) for Honeywell to be able to get your daylight savings time offset correct.
    Last edited by Edinburgh2000; 28 November 2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

No issues like that but it is common for the Panel to be a few minutes out from the correct time. Mine is running 4 minutes fast at present. Used to be about 2 minutes.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

I would reboot the controller. Every time I've had problems with the controller being out by a few hours (which has been several times now) the only solution has been to reboot it. And ensure that it connects back to Wifi correctly after the reboot, as the time will initially be wrong after a reboot until it has a chance to check online for the current date and time.

Comment

• JohnOC
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Aug 2018

Originally posted by Edinburgh2000 View Post
          Has your problem resolved itself (i.e. has your manual correction of the time stuck)? If not, and the EvoTouch has gone back to a four hour offset, have a look at this thread: https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...g)-on-Evotouch

If you wade through the pages in that, you will see that it describes that the time setting is a combination of UTC and a timezone offset that is determined by the location that you define in your Honeywell login. Having a four hour offset suggests that your Honeywell Location is set with the wrong timezone. Check your timezone on the "Edit location" button. But note that Honeywell does not use that timezone to define the daylight savings offset . For that, you would need to change the definition of your location (e.g. UK postcode or US zipcode) for Honeywell to be able to get your daylight savings time offset correct.
          Ah thanks, yes it was a four hour offset. My Honeywell account had the correct location and timezone set up so it's curious as to why thing's went wrong, but what you've described is consistent with what happened.

Comment

• JohnOC
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Aug 2018

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            I would reboot the controller. Every time I've had problems with the controller being out by a few hours (which has been several times now) the only solution has been to reboot it. And ensure that it connects back to Wifi correctly after the reboot, as the time will initially be wrong after a reboot until it has a chance to check online for the current date and time.
            How does one reboot the controller? By just removing and reinstalling the battery?

Comment

Working...
            X