• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Achilles2k
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2017

HR92 temperature sensor WILDLY wrong

Some advice please. I have a issue with the HR92 in my Office (spare bedroom) displaying the room temperature 10-11 degrees higher than it actually is. All controllers are set to 10 degrees for most of the day, effectively not drawing any hot water. On the Touch Controller I can see that all of the other rooms are between 13 - 14.5 degrees BUT the office is showing 23.5 degrees. This is clearly wrong - there has been not heating on in there, same as the rest of the house - and the room feels as cold as the rest of the house. It is a small room (approx 3x3m) and if it really was 23 degrees it would be stifling!

Home Touch.jpg

This clearly causes an issue when I am working from home and set the office to a comfortable 20 degrees - and nothing happens!

I have a spare HR92 (I bought a dozen when I first had the system installed and only use 11 for my other zones). I have swapped out the original for the spare. Unbound the original and bound the spare to the Office zone - but have the same issue.

Any ideas please?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Achilles2k View Post
    Some advice please. I have a issue with the HR92 in my Office (spare bedroom) displaying the room temperature 10-11 degrees higher than it actually is. All controllers are set to 10 degrees for most of the day, effectively not drawing any hot water. On the Touch Controller I can see that all of the other rooms are between 13 - 14.5 degrees BUT the office is showing 23.5 degrees. This is clearly wrong - there has been not heating on in there, same as the rest of the house - and the room feels as cold as the rest of the house. It is a small room (approx 3x3m) and if it really was 23 degrees it would be stifling!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1343[/ATTACH]

This clearly causes an issue when I am working from home and set the office to a comfortable 20 degrees - and nothing happens!

I have a spare HR92 (I bought a dozen when I first had the system installed and only use 11 for my other zones). I have swapped out the original for the spare. Unbound the original and bound the spare to the Office zone - but have the same issue.

Any ideas please?
    And if you take the HR92 off it's mount and sit it in another cool room for 30 minutes what happens to the reading ?

Are you sure it isn't being hit by direct sunlight or there isn't heat from say the back of a nearby computer exhausting near it ?

A picture of the HR92 and it's nearby surroundings may be helpful.

The only other thing I can think of is you may have accidentally chosen the Evotouch as the temperature sensor for the zone (and spend a bit of time holding it in your hands, warming it, or have the evotouch sitting in the sun) so the first test of removing the HR92 from the radiator and sitting it in another room for a while will rule this out.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 4 December 2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X