• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arrghh!
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

Evohome - I have 2 problems

Hope someone can help.

First problem occurred today. Hot water has been turned on for a couple of hours but on the Evohome control panel and app the temperature is being reported as 22.0 degrees.
    I also had some failed zone change alerts a few hours ago, which I assume is connected with this problem, but I'm not getting those now.
    Temperatures all reporting OK from the HR92's.
    Is there something I need to do with the BDR91 to reset it or rebind it?

The second problem I have is with the TotalConnectComfort web page where I log in and set temperatures/monitor Evohome from a browser.
    This has been working fine for several years and suddenly a few weeks ago the page loads OK, I log in and can use it but after about 30minutes the page starts to constantly refresh, with the 'loading' message and I can't do anything other than close the webpage.
    If I clear the cookies, it fixes the problem for a while but then goes back to constant refreshing. I get this on different browsers and different PCs in my house. Evohome support haven't been able to help and just said t must be something to do with my router settings. I've tried disabling the firewall and checking it's not preventing certain content from getting through, but haven't found anything to help.
    I'm at a total loss as to know what to try next.

Edit - seems from another thread that others are having problems with temperatures mis-reported on the app. I think that's what's happening with mine as well because the controller is now reporting the correct water temp. but the app is still stuck on 22.0.
    Last edited by Arrghh!; 23 December 2018, 05:33 PM.
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
    The second problem I have is with the TotalConnectComfort web page where I log in and set temperatures/monitor Evohome from a browser.
    This has been working fine for several years and suddenly a few weeks ago the page loads OK, I log in and can use it but after about 30minutes the page starts to constantly refresh, with the 'loading' message and I can't do anything other than close the webpage.
    If I clear the cookies, it fixes the problem for a while but then goes back to constant refreshing. I get this on different browsers and different PCs in my house. Evohome support haven't been able to help and just said t must be something to do with my router settings. I've tried disabling the firewall and checking it's not preventing certain content from getting through, but haven't found anything to help.
    I'm at a total loss as to know what to try next.
    Been having the same issue for weeks, rather annoying as we have a dedicated screen in the house to show temps. Keep meaning to report it however thought I'd just get the same answer like you have and will have wasted my time. If you've reported it and got a reference number I can report mine as well? Looks like it's a common issue.

Comment

• Arrghh!
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2015

Ah! Great you have the same issue! (well, not so great but you know what I mean!).

We need to find some others if possible, but by all means reference my Case number I reported to Resideo. Case number 03731540.
      Let me know how you get on.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Ah! Great you have the same issue! (well, not so great but you know what I mean!).

We need to find some others if possible, but by all means reference my Case number I reported to Resideo. Case number 03731540.
        Let me know how you get on.
        I had posted a previous post about it - https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...voHome-Webpage

However i'd had no one saying they'd had any issues.

Who/where did you report it to? I find finding the correct contacts with Honeywell to be hardwork!

Comment

• Arrghh!
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2015

I reported it using the form on a support page. I think it was this one: https://connectedproducts.honeywelluk.com/contact.php

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

I do find from time to time that I cannot log into the web version on my iPhone or iPad. The page accepts my login details but then immediately takes me back to the same log in page. Several attempts and I am locked out for a period. This does not seem to happen if I log in via my desktop (iMac) and it makes me wonder if it is an incompatibility with IOS.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
              I do find from time to time that I cannot log into the web version on my iPhone or iPad. The page accepts my login details but then immediately takes me back to the same log in page. Several attempts and I am locked out for a period. This does not seem to happen if I log in via my desktop (iMac) and it makes me wonder if it is an incompatibility with IOS.
              Try logging in on your Web Browsers on the Mac, and leave it open for 5 to 10 minutes and you'll see the issue we're experiencing.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
                Try logging in on your Web Browsers on the Mac, and leave it open for 5 to 10 minutes and you'll see the issue we're experiencing.
                I wish I could but it will not let me log in at present. The usual problem. I log in it starts to open and then takes me back to the log in page to try again. And so on.... Enough to disengage any Christopher spirit!

Comment

• Arrghh!
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Dec 2015

I had posted a previous post about it - https://www.wordpress-1219309-438749...voHome-Webpage

However i'd had no one saying they'd had any issues.

Who/where did you report it to? I find finding the correct contacts with Honeywell to be hardwork!
                  Out of interest, what OS are you using and what router do you have? I am wondering if it could be related to something configured within Windows or my router, but that's a bit of a long shot.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Out of interest, what OS are you using and what router do you have? I am wondering if it could be related to something configured within Windows or my router, but that's a bit of a long shot.
                    It always could be something local. We are often quick to blame the supplier, when the issue is home grown. I am not so sure that applies here though.

My desktop is an iMac running the latest OS, other devices are an iphone and ipad runnning the latest IOS. My broadband supplier (and sometimes that can be an issue) is currently BT but I do not use their router, I found it next to useless. I use a Netgear Orbi system.

Sometimes, when trying to log on to the web site you need to ensure you are not logged in on any other device. That is a pain as you then have to go through the login processs next time you want to use the app. it ought to be possible to write the software so that the same person can be logged in at the same time from different devices but it is Honeywell. That is probably too up to date for them. Good with the hardware and systems but no imagination with the software and particually the apps used.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Dec 2015

It always could be something local. We are often quick to blame the supplier, when the issue is home grown. I am not so sure that applies here though.

My desktop is an iMac running the latest OS, other devices are an iphone and ipad runnning the latest IOS. My broadband supplier (and sometimes that can be an issue) is currently BT but I do not use their router, I found it next to useless. I use a Netgear Orbi system.

Sometimes, when trying to log on to the web site you need to ensure you are not logged in on any other device. That is a pain as you then have to go through the login processs next time you want to use the app. it ought to be possible to write the software so that the same person can be logged in at the same time from different devices but it is Honeywell. That is probably too up to date for them. Good with the hardware and systems but no imagination with the software and particually the apps used.
                      Well, you're setup is way different to mine but are you having the 'loading' issue?

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Well, you're setup is way different to mine but are you having the 'loading' issue?
                        No, once I get in, it stays in. Trouble is at present I cannot get in. I have just tried on somebody else’s PC using Windows and I get the same. I suspect, but not sure, that it probably thinks I am logged in on another device. I am not though.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Mar 2017

I'm using Windows and Mac OS (Two different machines) and both are doing the same. Using the standard TalkTalk Router, on wired connections.

No, once I get in, it stays in. Trouble is at present I cannot get in. I have just tried on somebody else’s PC using Windows and I get the same. I suspect, but not sure, that it probably thinks I am logged in on another device. I am not though.
                          How long have you not been able to get in though? My issues has only cropped up in the last 2-3 weeks. And it only happens if you leave the browser window open for 5-10 minutes. At that point you have to force close the browser to get it work again. Refreshing the page doesn't do anything.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

All morning and the problem started about 10 days or so ago. However, the problem you relate seems more akin to what banks do. If you keep the app or page open and there is no activity for a period it logs you out. If that is what is happening then it is no more than a security matter and a feature built into the software. I usually only stay in for a short time but last week I stayed in for a good 15 minutes as I was setting up an exernal sounder for my alarm system. I had no problem.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Dec 2015

I'm using Windows and Mac OS (Two different machines) and both are doing the same. Using the standard TalkTalk Router, on wired connections.
                              I doubt it's a local issue then. I suspect most users just don't leave the window open long enough to see the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X