• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
    All morning and the problem started about 10 days or so ago. However, the problem you relate seems more akin to what banks do. If you keep the app or page open and there is no activity for a period it logs you out. If that is what is happening then it is no more than a security matter and a feature built into the software. I usually only stay in for a short time but last week I stayed in for a good 15 minutes as I was setting up an exernal sounder for my alarm system. I had no problem.
    No it's not logging out, it's just freezing completely. Logging out I could understand but this isn't that. Along with the fact that usually it'll stay logged in for a good 24 hours then logs you out properly. At which point, yes you have to log back in.

Comment

• Arrghh!
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2015

All morning and the problem started about 10 days or so ago. However, the problem you relate seems more akin to what banks do. If you keep the app or page open and there is no activity for a period it logs you out. If that is what is happening then it is no more than a security matter and a feature built into the software. I usually only stay in for a short time but last week I stayed in for a good 15 minutes as I was setting up an exernal sounder for my alarm system. I had no problem.
      Is it still happening for you? Did you test it with and without the 'remember me' box checked?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

Didn't get chance over the Christmas period to report this issue, however I've just retested and it's still happening. So i've just reported it as i'm beginning to get rather frustrated about it!

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
          Didn't get chance over the Christmas period to report this issue, however I've just retested and it's still happening. So i've just reported it as i'm beginning to get rather frustrated about it!
          I am having no issues at all, the app has proved very robust over the last couple of weeks. We have visitors from abroad with us who feel the cold and have had frequent adjustments to the temperatures in various zones and to the hot water demand. No issues.

So far as the web site is concerned I was pointed toward using the international portal as opposed to the European one and I have had no issues since.

Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

I still wonder if it is not a local issue you have when for most the system is working. When I first installed Evohome (December 2014) I could not resist playing. I did not at first get the binding right for the relays and it took a little while to work out what the best settings for the whole system were. For me optimisation was an utter and complete waste of time so I switched it off. Once left alone, and you stop playing, it settles down and works and has done for 4 years. Any glitches have been the need to change batteries, the occasional issue when the app is updated or iOS is updated or now and then the server goes down, but to be fair to Honeywell such times have not been that many in the past 4 years.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2017

I am having no issues at all, the app has proved very robust over the last couple of weeks. We have visitors from abroad with us who feel the cold and have had frequent adjustments to the temperatures in various zones and to the hot water demand. No issues.

So far as the web site is concerned I was pointed toward using the international portal as opposed to the European one and I have had no issues since.

Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

I still wonder if it is not a local issue you have when for most the system is working. When I first installed Evohome (December 2014) I could not resist playing. I did not at first get the binding right for the relays and it took a little while to work out what the best settings for the whole system were. For me optimisation was an utter and complete waste of time so I switched it off. Once left alone, and you stop playing, it settles down and works and has done for 4 years. Any glitches have been the need to change batteries, the occasional issue when the app is updated or iOS is updated or now and then the server goes down, but to be fair to Honeywell such times have not been that many in the past 4 years.
            I would think the issue was Local if I was the only one having the problem, when it seems at least one person has the same issue and someone else has been able to replicate it. I've also tried it on 3 different machines and 3 different browsers, and when I have looked at my favourite saved I have been using the international one in the first place. I have no issues with the app, that works fine it's just the using the web portal that seems to be the issue when the page has been open for 10 minutes or so. It worked before, I used to be able to leave it open for 24 hours and have no issues.

I have no issues locally either, everything running fine.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
              I would think the issue was Local if I was the only one having the problem, when it seems at least one person has the same issue and someone else has been able to replicate it. I've also tried it on 3 different machines and 3 different browsers, and when I have looked at my favourite saved I have been using the international one in the first place. I have no issues with the app, that works fine it's just the using the web portal that seems to be the issue when the page has been open for 10 minutes or so. It worked before, I used to be able to leave it open for 24 hours and have no issues.

I have no issues locally either, everything running fine.
              I logged in to the web site (use the international one) and left it open for 45 minutes. After that time I pressed “log out” and exited the page. No issues doing that. I then accessed the page afresh and did not have to log in, it went straight in to my account. It should not have done but it is clear I am remembered. For how long remains to be seen. Other than this aspect, no problems.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Dec 2015

I logged in to the web site (use the international one) and left it open for 45 minutes. After that time I pressed “log out” and exited the page. No issues doing that. I then accessed the page afresh and did not have to log in, it went straight in to my account. It should not have done but it is clear I am remembered. For how long remains to be seen. Other than this aspect, no problems.
                45 minutes may not be long enough to tell if you're getting the reloading problem.
                I logged in 50 minutes ago and the locations page showing my zones is still displaying as it should.

Just to be sure, would you mind leaving it open for a few hours and see what happens?

ETA: It just started refreshing exactly 60 minutes after I first logged in.
                Last edited by Arrghh!; 6 January 2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Mar 2017

Also are you leaving it open on the zone temperature page, not the 'Locations' page?

Comment

• mtmcgavock
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Mar 2017

Just tried it again, and it appears to be last longer now as Arrghh! says. It's lasted around 50 minutes, and then gone to the constant refreshing this time.

Which to me suggests as it keeps varying in time that the issue isn't local.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                      45 minutes may not be long enough to tell if you're getting the reloading problem.
                      I logged in 50 minutes ago and the locations page showing my zones is still displaying as it should.

Just to be sure, would you mind leaving it open for a few hours and see what happens?

ETA: It just started refreshing exactly 60 minutes after I first logged in.
                      I left it open for 5 hours. At about 3 hours it was still open and functional. At the 5 hour time when I checked it had closed itself, as I hoped it would for security reasons, and I had to log in. No problems at all to cause any concern. It works just fine.

Comment

• Arrghh!
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Dec 2015

I left it open for 5 hours. At about 3 hours it was still open and functional. At the 5 hour time when I checked it had closed itself, as I hoped it would for security reasons, and I had to log in. No problems at all to cause any concern. It works just fine.
                        As asked above, are you leaving it on the zones page? If you leave it on the 'My Locations page' you won't see any problem.

Comment

• G4RHL
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Arrghh! View Post
                          As asked above, are you leaving it on the zones page? If you leave it on the 'My Locations page' you won't see any problem.
                          I left it on the zones page. No problems whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                          X