• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

Intermittent evohome "COMMS FAULT <ZONE> ACTUATOR"

We've started seeing this about once a day always for the same room, which is furthest away from the control unit.

Does it just imply that room is just a little too far away? Or could it be a new issue given we haven't had this until recently? When would this error occur... Only when it is trying to set the actuator, or the moment it can't reach it? I ask as it's a room we set very cold.
  • davewf
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2017

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
    We've started seeing this about once a day always for the same room, which is furthest away from the control unit.

Does it just imply that room is just a little too far away? Or could it be a new issue given we haven't had this until recently? When would this error occur... Only when it is trying to set the actuator, or the moment it can't reach it? I ask as it's a room we set very cold.
    I am getting the same it complains about hall actuator which is very close to the controller. The hall has Its own separate thermostat and BDR91. The BDR91 is correctly installed ie spaced correctly and like the other two BDR within 4 foot of the controller.

Comment

• DBMandrake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by davewf View Post
      I am getting the same it complains about hall actuator which is very close to the controller. The hall has Its own separate thermostat and BDR91. The BDR91 is correctly installed ie spaced correctly and like the other two BDR within 4 foot of the controller.
      Hall actuator ? It's own BDR91 ?

Do you have a zone valve controlling your hall radiator or UFH ?

Comment

• davewf
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
        Hall actuator ? It's own BDR91 ?

Do you have a zone valve controlling your hall radiator or UFH ?

The hall radiator has no thermostatic valve or a HR92, essentially it's the bypass radiator for the system, in theory I don't need it as have bypass.

That the two bathrooms and spare bedroom effectively are parisitic to the other rooms in the house which have HR92. I have to have a BDR91 in addition. Yes it totally does not make sense to me as you can attach two zones to one BDR91 but I was strongly advised to go this way. The Heat BDR and Hall BDR are just wired in parallel to the CH valve on an S system.

The thermostat in the hall at the other end of the hall away from the radiator as using the inbuilt one in the controller caused the hall to always run cold.

The system works very well apart from the odd loss of comms, but I put that down to the wireless design and technology being 10 years out of date.

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

This doesn't sound the same problem in my original post

I suppose I could try moving the controller temporarily and see if that resolves it.

Comment

• pilza
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2019

I had similar problems and noticed that when I do an RF check on one of my radiator valve zones I found that that actuator link had dropped, hence the com fault. I then rebound the HR92 as an actuator within the zone and quickly did an RF check and I could see the signal go from excellent to no signal whilst the HR92 was syncing. very strange semed as if the link simply dropped. Did anyone see something similar?

Comment

Working...
            X