• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wexfordman
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2005

Multiroom Systems

Hi,

I have just had my multiroom system go bang from a lightning storm. It was a wired Kustom 6640, which basically gave me 6 sources, 6 zones, with wall mounted keypads. The stopped making it a few years ago, so I think I'm in the market for a replacement, and looking around the choice and functionality has increased a lot since I was in the market for one last time.

Can anyone give me some advice/recommendations ? I'm looking for something on or arout the 2000 euro mark, that will give me as near as 6 zones as possible. Wall mounted keypads are nice, b ut not essential, I would like to be able to use my existing ceiling mounted speakers if possible also. Lots of interesting wireless gear about, so if anyone has any suggestions/recommendations it would be great. Current systems I am looking at are:-

Philips Streamium:- No keypads, cant use ceiling speakers, and on ly 5 zones, but looks nice and expadab le

Sonos:- Noce removte keypad, can use ceiling speakers, but a bit pricey for 6 zones!!

Thanks,
    Wexfordman
  • Fish
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • May 2004

Re: Multiroom Systems

Hi Wexfordman

Have a look at the Russound systems (www.russound.com). There are a couple that probably would suit what you're after.

Although I think you may have to revise your target price of €2000 upwards. Even without speakers and cabling the keypad and controller/amp cost is usually over that.

The CAM or CAV systems would probably be the most appropriate, with the CAM being the cheaper, and has a built-in tuner whereas the CAM doesn't have any built-in sources.

They have brought a new CAA iirc which is cheaper again but doesn't give you the same display options at the keypads, but if cost is the deciding factor and you aren't using sources that will send text anyway, then probably the CAA would do fine.

HTH

Stephen
    Cheers,

Stephen Jones
    i-Home Ltd
    www.i-home.co.uk
    CIS Integrator

Comment

• Wexfordman
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2005

Re: Multiroom Systems

Sonos Rocks!!!!

Took the plunge, big hole in my pocket, but wow!!!

Wexfordman

Comment

• Wexfordman
        Automated Home Guru
        • Nov 2005

Kustom for sale

Anyone interested in a secondhand slightly damaged Kustom 6640 multiroom system with 6 doublegang keypads. Again, in need of some repair, and probably do-able (I think Kustom will repair it if you want them to or cant do it yourself). Controller board already replace, and can see blown component on amin board.

Regards,
        Wexfordman

Comment

Working...
        X