• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lineweight
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2015

Evohome HR92 - gets stuck on local override

Not for the first time, my Evohome system is driving me nuts.

As i understand it, if you set a 'local' override on one of the HR92 radiator valves (that is, by turning the knob on the radiator valve itself) then the new temperature should apply until the next setpoint in the programme.

In other words, if at 9.30 I turn the radiator knob up to 21deg, and my daily programme sets the temperature as 15deg from 10.00, then the HR92 should target 21deg until 10.00 and then revert to the programmed 15deg.

Is that right?

This seems to happen fine in two of my zones, but not the third. Come the 10.00 setpoint, it simply stays at 21deg. It stays there until I either change it locally again, or do a manual override from the main controller. If I do a manual override from the controller, then everything works as it should: that applies until the next setpoint and then it reverts to programme.

I've tried:

- resetting and rebinding the HR92
    - deleting the 'trouble' zone, making a new one, rebinding to that
    - swapping the HR92 itself with one from another zone (the problem persists in the same zone, so it seems that the zone is the problem, not the particular HR92)
    - moving the location of the controller (eventually to within 2m direct line of sight of the HR92)

None of this helps.

The HR92 can communicate with the boiler relay, because turning the local control brings the boiler on almost immediately.
    The HR92 seemingly can send signals to the controller, because the controller seems to receive and display the measured temperature from the HR92
    The HR92 seemingly can recieve signals from the controller because it responds to the programme setpoints fine when there *isn't* a local override active
    The controller can communicate with the boiler relay fine because everything else works.

I'm baffled... any ideas?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

Is your controller the Wifi model with recent firmware which shows overrides made on an HR92 on the controller screen, or the older model which does not reflect changes made directly at the HR92 on the controller ?

Is the affected zone configured as a multi-room zone or just as a regular single room zone ?

Does the affected zone have multiple set points in a row for the same temperature ? EG 15C more than once in a row ?

Are you trying to make the override directly on the HR92 within a 4 minute period before the set point is due to change on schedule ?
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 1 February 2019, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• lineweight
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      Is your controller the Wifi model with recent firmware which shows overrides made on an HR92 on the controller screen, or the older model which does not reflect changes made directly at the HR92 on the controller ?

Is the affected zone configured as a multi-room zone or just as a regular single room zone ?

Does the affected zone have multiple set points in a row for the same temperature ? EG 15C more than once in a row ?

Are you trying to make the override directly on the HR92 within a 4 minute period before the set point is due to change on schedule ?

It's the older model controller, the zone is a single room one, and I'm conscious about the 4 min thing.

However - yes it does have multiple set points in a row at the same temp. Your question prompted me to try changing that (they are now 0.5 deg different from each other) and initial testing seems to indicate the problem is no longer there. So - subject to further testing - thank you!

Is this a bug, then? Or just that the designers didn't envisage that someone would set it up that way? The reason I have that arrangement is that it's a room that's sporadically used, so a timed schedule doesn't make sense and if someone is in there they can just turn the control on the HR92. I have the row of similar setpoints so that it reverts to a lower temperature if someone forgets to turn the heating down when they leave the room.

Comment

Working...
      X