• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnOC
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Aug 2018

EvoHome with a single HR92 radiator thermostat

I currently have my EvoHome setup without any wireless thermostats/TRVs with the WiFi touch controller in the hallway opposite a radiator that's about about a metre away. I have a single HR92 sitting around doing nothing and was wondering if I could install that on the main bedroom radiator and have that single zone determining when the boiler CH switches on or off, with conventional TRVs on all the other rads controlling the temp around the rest of the house. Can I do that?

My reason for asking is that I recall someone in this forum saying that I'd at least have to have an HR92 on the hallway radiator. Is that the case?
  • lineweight
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2015

I don't see why not. Effectively it just moves the point at which the 'house' temperature is measured from the controller location to the HR92 location.

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

You can absolutely do this. But then you've just bought a very expensive room thermostat.

Comment

• JohnOC
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Aug 2018

Originally posted by bruce_miranda View Post
        You can absolutely do this. But then you've just bought a very expensive room thermostat.
        I already have the HR92 anyway. Originally I bought 5 HR92s to use throughout the house but on fitting the first one my wife decided she hated the look of them and so I sent back the 4 pack of HR92s for a refund. I'm hoping to change her mind by demonstrating the benefits of the HR92 with the unused one, but regardless, I have a wireless heating controller that doesn't rely on batteries (as my previous one did) and go doolally when the batteries run low, and I can control the heating with my smartphone.

Comment

Working...
        X