Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: UFH - EvoHome and reluctant plumber

Automated Home Legend

Understood, I am really hoping that the manifold TRV now serves as a fail safe, rather than my only defence against 65C water being pumped round my ufh, in case something happens to the TRV. I say that only because it has happened. When we first installed the UFH, the TRV was faulty and I heard cracking noises coming from the newly laid floor. I don't even want to know what damage that might have caused.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Understood, I am really hoping that the manifold TRV now serves as a fail safe, rather than my only defence against 65C water being pumped round my ufh, in case something happens to the TRV. I say that only because it has happened. When we first installed the UFH, the TRV was faulty and I heard cracking noises coming from the newly laid floor. I don't even want to know what damage that might have caused.
    In my new house, almost completed install, Iíve ditched the TMV and fitting a limit thermostat as a safety device.

Automated Home Legend

@kevinsmart what's the trick to get the HM80 bound with the WiFi Evohome controller? I have simply connected power to the HM80. It comes on with Led 2 Green , Led 3 Green and Led 4 Red Flashing. When I hold down both buttons for more than 4 seconds, there is no difference in the flashing pattern of the Led 4. When I send the Bind signal from the Evohome controller for a Mixing Valve zone, that Led 4 doesn't stop flashing.

Automated Home Legend

OK I think I figured it out. It didn't quite work when I held both buttons down at the same time. But if I pressed the Close button first held it down and then the Open button and then held them both down the LED 4 blinking frequency changed and then I knew I was getting somewhere. Then sent a Bind command and the LED 4 went off. Which means that it has bound.
    The tip is to make sure that the None of the LEDs are lit while you are trying to get the HM80 into Binding mode.
    Last edited by bruce_miranda; 20th January 2021 at 05:38 PM.