• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Samuk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2019

Honeywell Controller Setup

Hi All,

1st post, i bought the Honeywell EVo Home + Hot water kit little over a year back and only just fitted.

I had an electrician in to wire the system with with the boiler with an S Plan..

I have connected all the HR92 valves to the controller and the App is also setup on the phone.

I have having issues with connecting the relays to the controller - just not sure if i am doing this right..

So i have:
    • BDR91 Relay connected to a 2 port valve - Hot Water
    • BRR91 Relay connected to a 2 port valve - Heating
    • Hot water sensor - connected to the Water Tank

On the controller:

Boiler Control -

Would i bind this with the BDR91 Relay that is for the Heating?

Stored Hot Water

Hot water sensor is binded
    Hotwater Valve is the BDR91 Relay for the Hot water (2 port valve)

What is the Heating Valve option? do i bind the BDR91 for the heating to this?

See pictures..

Thanks
    Attached Files
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Unless you have a BDR91 directly controlling your boiler, don't bind one under boiler control.

Comment

• Samuk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Feb 2019

Nope only have 2 BDR91's one connected to the Heating valve, the other to the Hot water valve - am i right to think when either one of these are called the boiler would switch the boiler on..

So to test - i should unbind the BDR91 from the controller and bind this in under boiler Hot Water Configuration along with the BRD91 for the Hotwater

Comment

• Samuk
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Feb 2019

Done the above..

When i turn the temp up in the rooms the BDR91 for the heating fires up and switches the boiler on...then i turn the temp down the relay and boiler switch off..

Hotwater however is not working - i have binded the sensor and hotwater relay again..but still no joy,,

Any ideas

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Samuk View Post
          Done the above..

When i turn the temp up in the rooms the BDR91 for the heating fires up and switches the boiler on...then i turn the temp down the relay and boiler switch off..

Hotwater however is not working - i have binded the sensor and hotwater relay again..but still no joy,,

Any ideas
          What is your hot water temperature and differential configured for, and what is the reported hot water temperature at the time you are turning "on" the hot water ?

Also nobody else has pointed it out yet but I see you have both BDR91's mounted hard up against each other despite the installation guides specifically saying they should be kept at least 30cm apart for wireless signal performance.

So while this may not be you current problem it may cause you problems in the future - best to move one so they are not too close to each other or other large metal objects.

The 30cm minimum spacing also applies for the transmitter box for the hot water sensor - and this one is particularly sensitive to being too close to BDR91's or large metal objects - I can say this from personal experience of having problems with unreliable reporting of the hot water temperature that required me to move it further away from other devices.
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 16 February 2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X