• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

General logic object display on noticeboard

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to display the output of a general logic object on the noticeboard?

For instance, I have a logic object created (0/1 output) depending on whether the hot water is turned on and whether the cylinder stat is calling for heat or not. If the output is called 'HW on and calling for heat', I expected to be able to add an event scheduler to display a message based around <HW on and calling for heat.Output=?> but that is just displaying that text on the noticeboard.

Thanks

Alex
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

You need to include the name of the parent logic gate object eg. <General Logic.HW on and calling for heat=$1> would give the status in a True/False format

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Thanks Karam. All I am getting is the same text displayed. I've probably made a simple error!

display_options.jpg

logic_input.jpg

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Are you sure the name of the parent object in your database is 'General Logic'? Look in structure view to make sure - It could for example be House General Logic or Room xyz General Logic

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

interesting - hadn't realised this could be done directly like this - we've always used GL to trigger an AllDisplay message, rather than having an AllDisplay message report the state of a gate ...

anyway, tried it out here, and it works !

Chris
          Attached Files
          Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Karam
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2005

Though I can't second guess the context of this particular application, going via the All Display object is I think usually better then via the scheduller, since you can then have the message updated by a change in the signal itself (an update text input connection is available for that entry in the Alll Display object), rather than having to poll it.
            Last edited by Karam; 25 February 2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Alexc
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Apr 2013

Thanks - yes, it was simply the name of the parent object that I had wrong. Works now.

...and that's a good point about not using the scheduler - that would be why I couldn't work out how I had put other things on my noticeboard yet I couldn't see them in the same place. I had just forgotten how I had originally set it up!

Alex

Comment

Working...
              X