• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Another room sensor.

72D3E19D-DF6C-4A53-894F-7040D81C99AC.jpg

It's from Build Centre, the trade supplies place.

Model is 340009.

It's effectively a DTS92 without the eco button. Actually feels nicer than the Honeywell device - the plastic feels stronger, and I think the lack of the green button actually simplifies the user interface for non-techie users.

It also comes with a BDR91 equivalent which I haven’t tested, but have no doubt that it will work.

The big question though - does it work with Evohome?

I’m happy to report that the answer a big fat YES.

Here’s a link to the instructions. https://www.wolseley.co.uk/wcsstore7...rmostat_IG.pdf
  • dty
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Aug 2016

Interesting. They've either hacked the radio protocol or are partnered with Honeywell. I suspect the latter Especially when you look at the menu structure - it looks a lot like a DTS92.

I wonder if this represents a slight change in direction for Honeywell? Giving third parties the opportunity to make (hopefully better looking and/or cheaper) hardware? If so, it would also represent a commitment to longevity of the platform.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

I’m pretty sure it's made by Honeywell.

And I think it's just a re-badge (re-case) of the DTS92. It's the DTS92E that has the eco button.
      Last edited by paulockenden; 26 February 2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

How much ?

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          How much ?
          Got mine cheap on ebay!

Just gives people another thing to add to their saved searches if looking for cheap sensors (we are probably all bidding against each other!)
          Last edited by paulockenden; 26 February 2019, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
            Automated Home Legend
            • Mar 2017

All of Plumb Centers Stats etc. are made by Honeywell. Their most commonly sold programmable roomstat product is the Honeywell CM707 badged up as Center Brand

Comment

• bruce_miranda
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jul 2014

In fact on eBay, all Center thermostats seem to be listed with the Honeywell name in the title.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

One thing I like the look of with that Build Centre 340009 is that the front cover looks like it is a lot more secure than the DTS92.

My pet peeve with the DTS92 is that the front battery cover is held on by good luck and thin air.... the slightest knock and it falls off. My 2 year old has discovered how easy it is to pull that battery cover off, much to my chagrin...

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

The whole thing just feels more solid.

Comment

• dty
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                    One thing I like the look of with that Build Centre 340009 is that the front cover looks like it is a lot more secure than the DTS92.

My pet peeve with the DTS92 is that the front battery cover is held on by good luck and thin air.... the slightest knock and it falls off. My 2 year old has discovered how easy it is to pull that battery cover off, much to my chagrin...
                    Cellotape.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dty View Post
                      Cellotape.
                      Not very professional looking when the DTS92 already has poor WAF! Not to mention several of our HR92's have cellotape around the screens as they're far to easy to be lifted up and snapped off by children...(I've had to replace one already and another nearly suffered the same fate)
                      Last edited by DBMandrake; 27 February 2019, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• kimber.kimber
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Jan 2017

I’ve found they are more robust when fitted with the little angle plate. Our 20 month old, hasn’t managed to knacker one yet...

...although going by my wife’s logic, I’ve probably just jinxed myself!

Comment

• DBMandrake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by kimber.kimber View Post
                          I’ve found they are more robust when fitted with the little angle plate. Our 20 month old, hasn’t managed to knacker one yet...
                          Nope, both my broken one and the nearly broken one had the angle bracket fitted at the time of damage. Didn't save them.

My 2 1/2 year old has found how to pull the angle bracket out - it's not that difficult. He then tries to bend the screen upwards until it snaps off, which is easy to do given how tiny and flimsy the plastic is that forms the pivot pins. When the angle bracket is fitted I've found they're also very vulnerable to knocks from moving furniture, toy cars or vacuum cleaners. A good sideways knock sees the angle bracket go flying and the screen pivot take a beating.

The only way I've found to child proof the HR92 is to remove the angle bracket, fold the screen down flat and wrap some clear sellotape all the way around the whole device near the base of the screen to resist any attempts to flip up the screen. If he can't flip the screen up he can't get a grip on it to snap it off, and it is also protected against knocks from furniture, toy cars etc.. Hardly a great solution though.
                          Last edited by DBMandrake; 28 February 2019, 09:34 PM.

Comment

• kimber.kimber
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Jan 2017

Balls, maybe I’ll have to rethink! I just found them to have a much more satisfying click when the angle is fitted.

Know what you mean about knocking them though.

Luckily we’ve just lost two rads to fit UHF, so I now have a couple spare, which sounds like they could come in handy...

Comment

• Somebody
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Feb 2019

@paulockenden Paul, I'm new at this. What do I need to do in the evohome controller to bind this new thermostat for use in a zone/room that has got 2 radiators each with a HR92 please?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X