Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another room sensor.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Default Another room sensor.

72D3E19D-DF6C-4A53-894F-7040D81C99AC.jpg

It's from Build Centre, the trade supplies place.

Model is 340009.

It's effectively a DTS92 without the eco button. Actually feels nicer than the Honeywell device - the plastic feels stronger, and I think the lack of the green button actually simplifies the user interface for non-techie users.

It also comes with a BDR91 equivalent which I haven’t tested, but have no doubt that it will work.

The big question though - does it work with Evohome?

I’m happy to report that the answer a big fat YES.

Here’s a link to the instructions. https://www.wolseley.co.uk/wcsstore7...rmostat_IG.pdf

Automated Home Ninja

Interesting. They've either hacked the radio protocol or are partnered with Honeywell. I suspect the latter Especially when you look at the menu structure - it looks a lot like a DTS92.

I wonder if this represents a slight change in direction for Honeywell? Giving third parties the opportunity to make (hopefully better looking and/or cheaper) hardware? If so, it would also represent a commitment to longevity of the platform.

I’m pretty sure it's made by Honeywell.

And I think it's just a re-badge (re-case) of the DTS92. It's the DTS92E that has the eco button.
    Last edited by paulockenden; 26th February 2019 at 04:53 PM.

Automated Home Legend

How much ?

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    How much ?
    Got mine cheap on ebay!

Just gives people another thing to add to their saved searches if looking for cheap sensors (we are probably all bidding against each other!)
    Last edited by paulockenden; 26th February 2019 at 06:02 PM.

Automated Home Ninja

All of Plumb Centers Stats etc. are made by Honeywell. Their most commonly sold programmable roomstat product is the Honeywell CM707 badged up as Center Brand

Automated Home Legend

In fact on eBay, all Center thermostats seem to be listed with the Honeywell name in the title.

Automated Home Legend

One thing I like the look of with that Build Centre 340009 is that the front cover looks like it is a lot more secure than the DTS92.

My pet peeve with the DTS92 is that the front battery cover is held on by good luck and thin air.... the slightest knock and it falls off. My 2 year old has discovered how easy it is to pull that battery cover off, much to my chagrin...

The whole thing just feels more solid.

Automated Home Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    One thing I like the look of with that Build Centre 340009 is that the front cover looks like it is a lot more secure than the DTS92.

My pet peeve with the DTS92 is that the front battery cover is held on by good luck and thin air.... the slightest knock and it falls off. My 2 year old has discovered how easy it is to pull that battery cover off, much to my chagrin...
    Cellotape.