Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another room sensor.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dty View Post
    Cellotape.
    Not very professional looking when the DTS92 already has poor WAF! Not to mention several of our HR92's have cellotape around the screens as they're far to easy to be lifted up and snapped off by children...(I've had to replace one already and another nearly suffered the same fate)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 27th February 2019 at 08:58 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Iíve found they are more robust when fitted with the little angle plate. Our 20 month old, hasnít managed to knacker one yet...

...although going by my wifeís logic, Iíve probably just jinxed myself!

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kimber.kimber View Post
    I’ve found they are more robust when fitted with the little angle plate. Our 20 month old, hasn’t managed to knacker one yet...
    Nope, both my broken one and the nearly broken one had the angle bracket fitted at the time of damage. Didn't save them.

My 2 1/2 year old has found how to pull the angle bracket out - it's not that difficult. He then tries to bend the screen upwards until it snaps off, which is easy to do given how tiny and flimsy the plastic is that forms the pivot pins. When the angle bracket is fitted I've found they're also very vulnerable to knocks from moving furniture, toy cars or vacuum cleaners. A good sideways knock sees the angle bracket go flying and the screen pivot take a beating.

The only way I've found to child proof the HR92 is to remove the angle bracket, fold the screen down flat and wrap some clear sellotape all the way around the whole device near the base of the screen to resist any attempts to flip up the screen. If he can't flip the screen up he can't get a grip on it to snap it off, and it is also protected against knocks from furniture, toy cars etc.. Hardly a great solution though.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 28th February 2019 at 08:34 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member

Balls, maybe Iíll have to rethink! I just found them to have a much more satisfying click when the angle is fitted.

Know what you mean about knocking them though.

Luckily weíve just lost two rads to fit UHF, so I now have a couple spare, which sounds like they could come in handy...

Automated Home Lurker

@paulockenden Paul, I'm new at this. What do I need to do in the evohome controller to bind this new thermostat for use in a zone/room that has got 2 radiators each with a HR92 please?

Thanks in advance

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Just go into the setup for the zone, and you can change the temperature sensor. It'll then ask you to bind the new one.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Just go into the setup for the zone, and you can change the temperature sensor. It'll then ask you to bind the new one.
    Thanks, Paul. I still haven't got round to add the thermostat yet. Following your instructions, you're saying don't turn on the 340009 thermostat/remove the battery tabs until I reach the change the temperature sensor option in the zone setup? Sorry for the newby question.

TIA