Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Continental HR92

  1. #1
    Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,558

    Default Continental HR92

    Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the sideways display HR92s, or it is simplest just to buy from from the continent?

    We've just had a bathroom revamp, and the towel rail has a horizontal TRV.

    P.

  2. #2
    Automated Home Ninja
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the sideways display HR92s, or it is simplest just to buy from from the continent?

    We've just had a bathroom revamp, and the towel rail has a horizontal TRV.

    P.
    No, but how about a HR91 and a T87RF? We have the T87RF in the bathroom and find them particularly useful for turning up the Towel rail before you have a shower to warm towels, then back down when you've finished.

  3. #3
    Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mtmcgavock View Post
    No, but how about a HR91 and a T87RF? We have the T87RF in the bathroom and find them particularly useful for turning up the Towel rail before you have a shower to warm towels, then back down when you've finished.
    That's a really good idea.

    P.

  4. #4
    Automated Home Ninja
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    That's a really good idea.

    P.
    Also to save you ruining your new tiles should you ever not use Evohome I stuck my T87RF on the wall with some double sided 3M tape. Means there's no holes should we ever come to remove it!

  5. #5
    Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Oh I have rolls and rolls of VHB tape in various sizes and thicknesses. Best thing ever!

  6. #6
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the sideways display HR92s, or it is simplest just to buy from from the continent?

    We've just had a bathroom revamp, and the towel rail has a horizontal TRV.

    P.
    Hate to disappoint you, but the continental versions are not sideways but upside down.

  7. #7
    Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Coast
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gordonb3 View Post
    Hate to disappoint you, but the continental versions are not sideways but upside down.
    D'oh! Thanks for stopping me from making my missus think I’m more of a blithering idiot than I really am....

  8. #8
    Automated Home Guru
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    D'oh! Thanks for stopping me from making my missus think I’m more of a blithering idiot than I really am....
    May still work better, depending on the orientation of your view. I actually sourced part of my HR92s from the isle because they are mounted on the corner side of the room and I have to look at them from over the top of the radiator. Of course I can't tilt the display because then I would be looking at its back side so it's not optimal, but it is better.

  9. #9
    Automated Home Sr Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    78

    Default

    The plumber plumbed the trv in our bathroom upside down. This was pre evohome and it did sort of mean there were no pipes below our towel rail and it didn't stick out. I did look into getting a continental one, but it didn't work out so I end up leaning over it to set the temperature. A T87RF would be good, but it was hard enough persuading the other half to let me spend what I did..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •