• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Continental HR92

Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the sideways display HR92s, or it is simplest just to buy from from the continent?

We've just had a bathroom revamp, and the towel rail has a horizontal TRV.

P.
  • mtmcgavock
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier for the sideways display HR92s, or it is simplest just to buy from from the continent?

P.
    No, but how about a HR91 and a T87RF? We have the T87RF in the bathroom and find them particularly useful for turning up the Towel rail before you have a shower to warm towels, then back down when you've finished.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by mtmcgavock View Post
      No, but how about a HR91 and a T87RF? We have the T87RF in the bathroom and find them particularly useful for turning up the Towel rail before you have a shower to warm towels, then back down when you've finished.
      That's a really good idea.

P.

Comment

• mtmcgavock
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2017

That's a really good idea.

P.
        Also to save you ruining your new tiles should you ever not use Evohome I stuck my T87RF on the wall with some double sided 3M tape. Means there's no holes should we ever come to remove it!

Comment

• paulockenden
          Automated Home Legend
          • Apr 2015

Oh I have rolls and rolls of VHB tape in various sizes and thicknesses. Best thing ever!

Comment

• gordonb3
            Automated Home Ninja
            • Dec 2016

P.
            Hate to disappoint you, but the continental versions are not sideways but upside down.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
              Hate to disappoint you, but the continental versions are not sideways but upside down.
              D'oh! Thanks for stopping me from making my missus think I’m more of a blithering idiot than I really am....

Comment

• gordonb3
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Dec 2016

D'oh! Thanks for stopping me from making my missus think I’m more of a blithering idiot than I really am....
                May still work better, depending on the orientation of your view. I actually sourced part of my HR92s from the isle because they are mounted on the corner side of the room and I have to look at them from over the top of the radiator. Of course I can't tilt the display because then I would be looking at its back side so it's not optimal, but it is better.

Comment

• Stevedh
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Mar 2017

The plumber plumbed the trv in our bathroom upside down. This was pre evohome and it did sort of mean there were no pipes below our towel rail and it didn't stick out. I did look into getting a continental one, but it didn't work out so I end up leaning over it to set the temperature. A T87RF would be good, but it was hard enough persuading the other half to let me spend what I did..

Comment

Working...
                  X