• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Enable thermal store

I’ve discovered the thermal store to control my hot water tank. It works well but almost daily the ticked ‘enable’ box for heating circuit control becomes unticked and so doesn’t heat the water anymore.

Any ideas?
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Answering my own question, but with another!

It was removing the tick and disabling the heating circuit because I had put it to disable when vacant. Each time we leave the house it was disabling the object.

If the house is unoccupied for >24 hours (vacant) will it automatically not heat the water until the house becomes vacant again? I must have my vacancy setting incorrect as this was disabling just for a trip to the shops!

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

I was initially wondering why you used the thermal store object rather than the standard hot water control object? But anyhow in relation to the Vacant State signal the problem with this is that it is a state output and is also triggered when the house becomes occupied (even if it wasn't 'vacant'). More compatible inputs (like follow state) would interrogate and act on the actual state, others are simply 'triggered' not dependent on the actual state value but just that it has updated. A work around for this could be to insert a logic gate such as an OR gate and set the output trigger condition for this to 'To True'.

Comment

• Alexc
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Apr 2013

I tried out the thermal store from something you suggested in another thread and I thought it looked good. It works well (especially things like the rapid fall in temperature output causes the boiler to start).

I’ll have a go at what you suggest and see if I stick with it or go back to the standard hot water control.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X