Setting the Evohome schedule - via a web interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DorrisMancer
    Automated Home Guru
    • Nov 2017

Setting the Evohome schedule - via a web interface?

AFAICS it isn't possible to edit the schedule via the TCC web interface so that leaves doing it directly on the controller or via the phone App. Is there a way to do it via a web browser?
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

No way I am afraid - Honeywell have been asked (on this forum a number of times) to consider it as a new feature, but no response!

Comment

• DorrisMancer
      Automated Home Guru
      • Nov 2017

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

• gordonb3
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2016

Actually, the web based API does support backup and restore of schedules and this call is made available through Watchforstock's python library (and is also available as a compilable demo in my C++ port of that library). It should not be much of an issue to transform the json data into a web form and vice versa using nothing more than javascript and a bit of css.

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
          Actually, the web based API does support backup and restore of schedules and this call is made available through Watchforstock's python library (and is also available as a compilable demo in my C++ port of that library). It should not be much of an issue to transform the json data into a web form and vice versa using nothing more than javascript and a bit of css.
          Which only makes it more puzzling that Honeywell have not bothered their backsides to do it themselves...

Comment

• basiluk
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by gordonb3 View Post
            You may be right, but I would suggest that 99.9% of Evohome users do not have the skill to do this or have the time to experiment with home grown solutions. Honeywell should invest properly in their web solution.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
              Which only makes it more puzzling that Honeywell have not bothered their backsides to do it themselves...
              Indeed! Particularly if one bears in mind the fact that for Evohome Security you have more control and information on the web site than in the app. The latter is slow to function and the options are little more than all on, partially on and off. To make it worse the European website for the security has more use than that I am meant to log into in the UK. There is a lot they ought to have done by now with respect to all of this. Honeywell are a big control systems company but seem to be left standing by smaller players when it comes to software. They should be ahead of the game and not behind it.

Comment

Working...
              X