Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raspberry Pi OpenTherm Weather compensation project

Automated Home Legend

And that even has an input for an outside temperature sensor

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    And that even has an input for an outside temperature sensor
    If it's for a wired sensor it doesn't help me much - there is no good location to mount a wired sensor within reasonable cable reach of my boiler to get a proper outdoor measurement, (just sticking a sensor on the side of a brick wall is influenced massively by the heat from the house) and I don't particularly want to drill holes in the wall for it either.

The wireless sensor on my weather station is perfect and that's one part of the project that's already in the bag so to speak. The Opentherm side of the design is by far the most challenging - and I'm not sure whether any of the opentherm projects I've seen are capable of being a full slave implementation by themselves rather than just being a pass-through bridge that alters communications slightly on the way to a real Opentherm slave. (boiler) I haven't had time since my previous posts to look into this further yet.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 29th April 2019 at 11:04 AM.

Automated Home Legend

You could reconfigure the wired temperature input to something else. Any way, the OT gateway can also run in stand alone mode. See http://otgw.tclcode.com/standalone.html#operation