Thread: Haunted EvoHome

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Automated Home Jr Member Freeco's Avatar

Angry Haunted EvoHome

From time to time our EvoHome system seems haunted. I mean, at times it's not following its program. Not often, but it's annoying.
    2 simple examples:
    1. Last autumn or so all of a sudden our bathroom zone (2 HR92's) jumped to the max temp (which I had luckily reduced from the max 35C(?) to 26C) for no reason. I think this happened twice.
    Last year I called a Honeywell representative about this, and he said to do a full reset of the HR92s. He explained an undocumented trick: go to the bind menu of the HR92, and keep pressing the button for 5-10sec until it actually unbinds. Then add it to the zone again. He claimed this gets rid of any remnants from a previous zone config. I was doubtful but gave it a try, and this issue hasn't come up anymore since.
    2. Today both our living room zone (4 HR92's) & bathroom zone were set to 16C. While they should have been 20.5 and 19 respectively since 16:30. My wife noticed the zones were still green when she came home from work, while they should have been orange. She took a picture of the console to prove it to me.
    IMG-20190516-WA0000.jpg

We don't have kids or pets that potentially mess about with the HR92's. This just happens on its own.

Anyone else having this?
    Is there a way to get logs from the console, so I can have a bit more insight on what's actually happening? (I'm an IT guy, so I love logs )
    Any other tricks to undocumented tricks prevent this?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Looking at the image you posted, a) it appears to be an over-ride, and b) looking at the schedule timeline it appears to have only just happened before the photo was taken.

Did your missus also take a photo of the main screen? That might give a clue as to whether the override was initiated locally or remotely.

no, only this picture.
    How would you be able to tell the difference between a local and remote override?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeco View Post
    no, only this picture.
    How would you be able to tell the difference between a local and remote override?
    The override icon is different.

P.

ah, I see. An override from the app is shown with a smartphone icon, right?
    Well, we don't use the app too often. Definitely not that day.
    And my account has a long and complex passw. So unlikely someone is having fun with my account.

App or any other non-local override (e.g. using the API from other software) shows the phone icon.