• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JTaylor87
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2019

Evohome - Rad & UFH on 2 x 2port valves layout

New to EvoHome products… was interested if anyone new if the attached would be a good way to set up a heating system in my home?

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
  • Edinburgh2000
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2016

Radiators should be plumbed in parallel, not in series. Like this:

process flow.jpg

Comment

• JTaylor87
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2019

E200...the rads are exsisiting and have been plumbed in parallel...poor drawing from me TBH.

It's only the UFH that will be added to tbe system.

Comment

• dty
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Aug 2016

I'm no expert on pumps, but it looks like you have two pumps in series there (the main circulator and the UFH), and that's going to give you problems.

Also, you don't appear to have any bypass in the system. If you're expecting the towel radiators to act as a bypass, you should be aware that the 2 port valve on that half of the circuit will prevent them from working as such. Unless one of the other radiators is calling for heat, that valve will be shut.

Comment

• JTaylor87
          Automated Home Lurker
          • May 2019

DTY.. well noticed.

There is to be a ABV/loop installed between the two parallel flow paths before the zone valves. its not shown on the drawing, but this will maintain the flow of water from the boiler while the zone valve are operating.

The towel rails will then act as the ABV for the heating loop while the ABV installed at the manifold will carry out this function for the UFH loop.

Comment

Working...
          X