• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrBoy
    Automated Home Guru
    • May 2017

HR92 "NO SYNC" message

Two of my HR92 units are displaying this on the LCD screens... one in a single-radiator zone, the other in a two-radiator zone. I am not being reported any issues on the controller unit but neither of those rooms seems to be working.

Does it mean these have somehow got unlinked and need to be re-paired? I assumed Google would give me an obvious answer but I couldn't see one. Is there a page that lists all the possible messages the units can show?

By the way I also realised when checking everything I cannot tell which HR92 is the master in a 2-radiator zone. Is there supposed to be a little icon or do I just have to remember? I want to make sure the radiator with best airflow is the one being used as thermostat.
    Thanks.
  • DanD
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Feb 2016

Hi,

The 'No Sync' usually indicates that they aren't receiving messages from the controller. If you haven't made any recent changes to your set-up, I'd try moving the controller into the same location as the HR92s and it should disappear within about 5min. It sounds like something is interfering with the signal, but if you're not seeing any error on the controller then it's likely that some messages are getting through in the direction HR92 -> controller. Try some alternate locations for the controller which might fix it if there isn't anything obvious which might be blocking the signal.

To quickly find out which HR92 is the temperature sensor in a zone with more than 1 radiator, I suggest removing one of the HR92s plus adapter & placing it in a warmer/cooler location and see if the temperature changes. If not, then it's just an actuator.

Dan

Comment

• basiluk
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DanD View Post
      Hi,

To quickly find out which HR92 is the temperature sensor in a zone with more than 1 radiator, I suggest removing one of the HR92s plus adapter & placing it in a warmer/cooler location and see if the temperature changes. If not, then it's just an actuator.

Dan
      Thats a good tip - But are you referring to a temperate display change on the HR92 or the main controller ?

Comment

• DanD
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Feb 2016

Hi,

Definitely the controller display. I'm not 100% sure about the temp displayed on the HR92s in this set-up, but I think it will also reflect the temp measured by the master.

Dan

Comment

• MrBoy
          Automated Home Guru
          • May 2017

Good tip. It's a shame there's no visual indicator but once I find out I could put a piece of tape or something. Similarly is be nice if the hr92 could tell you which zone it is... Might use the label maker!

I know you can set the hr92 to display either current or target temperature but not sure how that works with slaved units so using the controller seems easier.

I suppose you could just cup the unit in your hands rather than move it, possibly.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by MrBoy View Post
            Similarly is be nice if the hr92 could tell you which zone it is
            It already displays that on the screen.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by DanD View Post
              Definitely the controller display. I'm not 100% sure about the temp displayed on the HR92s in this set-up, but I think it will also reflect the temp measured by the master.
              For a single-room zone all the HR92's in the zone will display the same temperature measured by the one sensor in the room whatever it is. There is a transmission delay of a few minutes so the controller figure will update before the HR92's if the temperature is changing...

In a multi-room zone they show their own individual temperature sensor readings.

Comment

Working...
              X