• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philchillbill
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2017

Difference between Honeywell Home and Total Connect Comfort branding

Could any of the Honeywell/Resideo employees lurking here perhaps enlighten us as to the difference between the Honeywell 'Home' API and the TCC API, other than TCC's API being unofficial while Home is publicised?

The Evohome TCC app on iOS starts up with a splash screen that brands it as Honeywell Home but then the Home API webpage does not mention Evohome as falling under 'Home' and indeed it doesn't. This is confusing. Also, there is a Home API category 'Smart Home Security' which seems not to encompass Evohome Security or Le Sucre. Is there any API for them?

Finally, how can one get an API-key for TCC these days? Emails to HoneywellAPISupport@honeywell.com are ignored. In the past, we were told on these forums that Honeywell wanted us all to have our own API keys...
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

A worthwhile point to raise. Somewhere in this forum the question of support from Honeywell was raised, or rather the lack of it. We were directed to Twitter and Honeywell’s own support pages. But if you look at the site in Twitter it says it only relates to Honeywell Home. At least that is all it refers to. Yet in one place Honeywell profess they integrate with HomeKIt and other such apps. A subscriber, not me!, has indicated they don’t. The support pages on the web site are not particularly helpful, full of standard answers to what some must think are standard questions. At times one gets the feeling Evohome is not for the long term but it has to be, its a great system.

As for web sites I find the European one better to use for Evohome Security (I am in the UK). It is far more informative and helpful. https://tc20e.total-connect.eu/

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by philchillbill View Post
      Finally, how can one get an API-key for TCC these days? Emails to HoneywellAPISupport@honeywell.com are ignored. In the past, we were told on these forums that Honeywell wanted us all to have our own API keys...
      I should have added to my last post that yes, it does seem that one is ignored if queries are raised on their support pages. It is a great sadness that for such a good product the end user is so poorly supported, if at all.

On a slightly off subject point, those readers who look at Honeywell’s or Residio’s web site will be met with their data protection notice. I do not believe it is compliant with UK or EU law. I have raised it with them, but....

Comment

• philchillbill
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2017

@topbrake, want to take a stab at this?

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          I should have added to my last post that yes, it does seem that one is ignored if queries are raised on their support pages. It is a great sadness that for such a good product the end user is so poorly supported, if at all
          As an addendum to the above post in fairness to Honeywell I should say that with a query raised recently I received a reply three days later.

Comment

Working...
          X