Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HomeKit

Automated Home Legend

Default HomeKit

I asked Honeywell about future integration with Honeywell. The reply received today reads:

“At this time, evohome is not integrated with Apple HomeKit.

We are constantly evaluating the offerings in the connected home arena and determining and resetting priorities. Future integration with Apple HomeKit is a distinct possibility but we are unable to commit to any dates at this time.

Please bare in mind that the Apple HomeKit is just one eco-system and evohome plays nicely with Google Home, Amazon's Alexa, and IFTTT.

For users that specifically want Apple HomeKit support the T6 Lyric Thermostat is the best option.”

Now if I went the T6 Lyric route it would cost me about £1000. Quite some time back Evohome did work for a very short time with HomeKit and then it disappeared. If it can be done with Google then it can be done with Apple. Unless I am not seeing the wood for the trees, when you search around Honeywell with respect to the subject one reads an awful lot about Home and such but very little about Evohome. Does this mean the end of line for Evohome is coming towards us? I hope not for the product is fine but it does need to be brought more up to date than it is. By now we ought to be seeing integration across the board with the likes of Apple.

On the other hand the use of the words “Future integration with Apple HomeKit is a distinct possibility” may mean yes, it is to happen. But then why not tell us? It is hardly a secret that needs must be kept.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Remember that SmartThings integration has been 'coming soon' for around four years now.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by paulockenden View Post
    Remember that SmartThings integration has been 'coming soon' for around four years now.
    Good point to make Paul.

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

no immediate plans to add homekit functionality to evohome
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Legend

Last year Resideo advised me that HomeKit integration was coming, implying this year. Nothing yet. Has anybody any more information on this?

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Last year Resideo advised me that HomeKit integration was coming, implying this year. Nothing yet. Has anybody any more information on this?
    Didn't I have a bet with you that you won't see any more significant Evohome features added now. They have even disbanded the product development team.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bruce_miranda View Post
    Didn't I have a bet with you that you won't see any more significant Evohome features added now. They have even disbanded the product development team.
    Yes you did! Seems like a slow abandonment of a good product. They did the same with the security system and now don't even make it, yet I have found it an excellent system to use. My 9 year old Evohome system works equally well. Even better now since I replaced the boiler 2 years ago and installed the OpenTherm Bridge.

Automated Home Legend

Honeywell have always made great Fit and Forget systems. Evohome is no different.

Automated Home Legend

I just hope no one in Resideo decides to turn off the TCC service. Most people have no idea how much it costs to keep cloud and IoT services running. And I wouldn't be surprised if that too was coming shortly. But as long as there are people like Phil, David and Peter in the community, we will try and squeeze out every last drop of Evohome goodness.

Automated Home Legend

Sad, isn’t it. Make a great product, don’t do much for the end user, then drop support. If Evohome stops it is not easy to see what else is there that is as good or not better. OK Evohome will go on working. I know, you know, how it operates and how to check it out. But do our wives or partners? No. That means we are forced to think of an alternative that has, and will continue to have, support if we peg it before our wives or partners do.